Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

new tuner

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  smotrs 
#1 ·
just bought my first diesel truck. 2008 f250 fx4. looking for a tuner/programmer to add the most power and best fuel economy as possible. not looking to spend much more than $1000. what are some suggestions for that price that will give me the most power and fuel mpg increase? and where is the best place online to order from? thanks for any help

#3 ·
Gonna cost you anywhere from $600 - $2k depending on what you want.

#8 ·
mini maxx is 900$ and i was looking at the edge cts its under 650$. the max horsepower on the mini maxx is 120 with my dpf still connected. the max hp with edge cts is 100hp. other than the hp difference what are the differences and are they worth the difference in price? and will that extra 20hp with the mini maxx be much more noticeable?

#10 ·
Yes, adding a tuner can potentially void your power train warranty.

Look at it this way. The engine and PCM were designed for a certain amount of HP/TQ. If you reprogram the PCM and add an additional amount of HP and the engine goes south. It will be very easy for Ford to point the finger at the tuner.

If your worried about the warranty, you shouldn't run a tuner. You have to party to play.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide app.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.