What dpf delete kit? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question What dpf delete kit?

I have an '08 F250 with 103K miles on it. I use it for a daily driver and some light towing. What would be the dpf delete kit to go for on a budget? I primarily want better fuel economy/reliability, but the extra power will be a very nice perk I see that most people are either running Spartan or H&S tuners. Is there a downside to the Edge, SCT or other less expensive tuners?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

First off, you need to look up performance truck products, call Nate if you have questions. They will take care of anything you could possibly need. I have an H&S Black Maxx, pricey and on back order currently, but the Mini Maxx (same as Black maxx only smaller and less expensive($900 and change) might be a better route. They come with a wide variety of gauges to monitor many different parameters. I cant really comment on the others your mentioned as I dont know much about them. I know the Spartan and H&S offer much better tunes and options as compared to say Edge....

As far as exhaust goes, I chose the Diamond Eye 4" downpipe back. It isnt much more price wise to buy the full kit over just a DPF/CAT delete pipe....The system I have fit great and looked great. I just had to cut one of the pipes down to fit my short bed. I also used this forum as a major part of my decisions on what to buy, and the Diamond Eye and H&S were found to be the products that a lot are using and happy with.

You can look up the thread I did on my air filter mod...I chose to do an aFe OEM replacement filter over a true full CAI. Saved me quite a bit of money going this route, and I am willing to bet I am getting close to the same amount of airflow as a CAI.

As I have mentioned before and many others have mentioned before, these mods will greatly improve the reliability of your truck as long as you perform proper maintenance and dont beat your truck like a red headed stepchild.....
Old 03-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Well if your on a budget, do a "stealth delete" and just hollow out your dpf and cat, then put it back on. I run a H&S Black maxx and love it. But you cant go wrong with either H&S or spartan. The others just dont do sh*t in comparison IMHO. Also I got my setup from Performance truck products, They have an online chat and will do anything they can to help you out. Great customer service, and great prices!
Old 03-12-2012, 06:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

This.

The H&S XRT Pro and Diamond Eye DPF/Cat delete is as cheap as I would go. If you cawing it financially, the Mini Maxx is WELL worth the extra price for the gauges and built in safety features.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.