Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Do You Have A Tip On Your Exhaust?

14K views 50 replies 29 participants last post by  JLElectric 
#1 ·
I would like to know if you have a tip on your exhaust. If you do I would like to know the style and brand. Thanks.

#2 ·
6" MBRP double wall Tips!

#3 ·
my 5" magnaflow came with a 6" rolled tip welded on. i can post a pic later

#6 ·
Is that what she told you:roll1::roll1:

#9 ·
i have a 5 to 6 and i think a 5 to 7 would look better

#12 ·
I have a 4- 6" MBRP double wall angled tip.... 12 inches long. I would recommend 15" long, and maybe a 7" tip would look better. Especially if truck is lifted! It looks good though. Sorry Im at work now and dont have any pictures with me.
To bad i cant figure out how to get my Sig picture bigger!

#13 ·
Well just bc of this thread i decided to order myself a set of 7" MBRP polished tips yesterday from the MBRP booth in Atlantic City at the Keystone show :woot:

#14 ·
It looks like all you guys have changed your whole exhaust system also. Has anyone just changed the tip and if so what works the best on the factory exhaust?

#18 ·
if you are not going to delete and go aftermarket i would not bother with the tip, the factory one is of a special design to go along with your re-gens....if you want to dress the factory one up some u can get chrome slip over tips that give it more size and a nice look:thumb:

#15 ·
You would prolly have to get a dpf back exhaust If your going for looks. Otherwise if you try to cut the stock tip off it will get rid of the cooling fins and ford claims it will mess up the paint without the fins because the exhaust is so hot.
If you do a dpf delete you can do what ever you want with the cooling fins

#20 ·
6" x 18" angled/rolled MBRP stainless tip on 5" straight pipes.

#21 ·
#23 ·
I have a 4" to 12" tip........

Just kidding. 5" MBRB. I dont like the look of the bigger tips. 7" is pushing it for me, but some trucks pull it off. I also do not like the look of the tip being more than 2" bigger than the exhaust, looks coffee can muffler-ish

#25 ·
I like two tips, one on either side...
I said 'tips'! :hehe:

#27 ·
My buddy has a Megacab Cummins with one of those goofy *** 12" tips that is tucked under the truck and points down. He had to take the spare tire off for the exhaust and tip to work right. OMG he's stupid........ hahahaha

#32 ·
Couple tips. 5" mbrp.

#33 ·
bro...effin awesome. love the pic, love the truck. POW!!!

#34 ·
Thanks man! Got some 'big' things for it soon...

#36 ·
Do you run Goeske's spacers up front too?
Are those tires then on stock rims??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.