Parts installed but need some reassurance - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 05:02 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Parts installed but need some reassurance

Ok got my 4 inch exhaust blackmaxx with mild tunes and afe stage two all put on. Love the power differnce but am a little scared of it as far as blowing head gaskets I still havent just punched it yet... And as far as a defuel on boost what would u guys recomend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

No sure what tune you're running but I'd say just work your way into it. Start with a few runs at 25% throttle, 50%, 75% ... then let her have it. By the time you do some warm up runs you'll feel a lot more comfortable with it.

I'm Spartan tuned and have done full WOT runs up to the 275 tune. I'm DD'ing the 300 now and haven't had the balls to got WOT with it. I have no need to do so and it's just not worth testing the waters to me. I'll drop back down to the 275 if I feel the need to go have some fun with it!
Old 03-02-2012, 06:58 PM

Im running the tunes that came with the blackmaxx and sm2 trans tune... I dont really inderstand why im scared to mash on it a beat the crap out of my 6.7 cummins and it had more mods then my 6.4 does
Old 03-02-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thero View Post
No sure what tune you're running but I'd say just work your way into it. Start with a few runs at 25% throttle, 50%, 75% ... then let her have it. By the time you do some warm up runs you'll feel a lot more comfortable with it.

I'm Spartan tuned and have done full WOT runs up to the 275 tune. I'm DD'ing the 300 now and haven't had the balls to got WOT with it. I have no need to do so and it's just not worth testing the waters to me. I'll drop back down to the 275 if I feel the need to go have some fun with it!
Ive been DDing the 300 for about a month now (love it btw). I think I went WOT once or twice...its just ridiculous. I took a buddy for a ride and gave er some good runs at like %75/%80 throttle and its crazy, he was shocked too btw.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:26 AM

i dd the hot tune 250+,, set your boost to defuel at 45......i set tranny at 230, coolant 220 and oil at 220......pyro 1400

then warm it up and open it up....you will be fine....you will not hit any of those defuels. also you have stock boost, coolant and tranny gauges...look at those as well, you will see that you dont get anywhere near what ford set for red lines
Old 03-03-2012, 01:43 PM

I have a mini maxx and run the trans tune that comes with it. I couldn't figure out how to change the trans tune. Is it a seperate file that needs to be downloaded? Also what is defuel?
Old 03-04-2012, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acelay View Post
I have a mini maxx and run the trans tune that comes with it. I couldn't figure out how to change the trans tune. Is it a seperate file that needs to be downloaded? Also what is defuel?
All you need to do is download the mini max update manager, save it to your desktop, open it put your sd card into the thumbdrive, select your truck, select what tune you want and select trans tune you want and click update, no need to download the large file tunes.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB's 250 View Post
All you need to do is download the mini max update manager, save it to your desktop, open it put your sd card into the thumbdrive, select your truck, select what tune you want and select trans tune you want and click update, no need to download the large file tunes.
Thanks, any noticable differences between the trans tunes?
Old 03-04-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acelay View Post
Thanks, any noticable differences between the trans tunes?
Sl1, sm1, and sh1 tc locks in 4th &5th , the low, med and high is the different speeds that it locks. Shift schedule 2 is the same, but tc only locks in fith gear. I like the s2m the best, feels like stock only shifts harder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.