Mini Maxx Question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 06:33 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mini Maxx Question

Couple of quick questions regarding the installation of the Mini as I am attempting the DPF delete tomorrow. I am not sure i got the right "purple" wire because i had 2 that appeared to be solid purple. I spliced into 1 of them and the Mini powers up just fine with just turning key in the "ON" position. From the "ON" position the truck started up just fine but the Mini turns off for a second as the truck is cranking and the Mini has to re-boot once the truck is started... Is this normal ? Or should the Mini turn on only when the truck is actually started ?

I was also wondering how you guys ran your USB wire from the mini to the port. Should i have to remove any part of the dash to correctly (hide) or run the wiring or what does everyone do ?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 01:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mine does the same.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:02 AM

Sounds normal to me. When key turned to acc it comes on. When turn to engine it turns off half way there and then back on.

I bought the bully dog kit that goes over the ac vent on driver side. I took off the panel facing the door with some vents I then ran the wire to crack in the dash and under the bully dog adapter
Old 02-25-2012, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triton022 View Post
Couple of quick questions regarding the installation of the Mini as I am attempting the DPF delete tomorrow. I am not sure i got the right "purple" wire because i had 2 that appeared to be solid purple. I spliced into 1 of them and the Mini powers up just fine with just turning key in the "ON" position. From the "ON" position the truck started up just fine but the Mini turns off for a second as the truck is cranking and the Mini has to re-boot once the truck is started... Is this normal ? Or should the Mini turn on only when the truck is actually started ?

I was also wondering how you guys ran your USB wire from the mini to the port. Should i have to remove any part of the dash to correctly (hide) or run the wiring or what does everyone do ?

Thanks

Totally normal, as that everything that is powered in ACC will actually turn on then off then on again as you go from OFF to RUN. My GPS and Head Unit do it as well.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:24 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Can someone help me find that purple wire. I was looking for it but the ones I tested werent 12v with ignition and none seem to be the purple like in the instructions. Right now I'm just turning it on/off by hand
Old 02-25-2012, 04:43 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If I remember correctly, there are two. One has a black stripe and one is solid. They look very similar. The black stripe isn't that prominent. But the solid purple is the one you need. Hope this helps.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:51 AM

Thanks

Thanks for the help...would be nice if the unit stayed powered up while cranking but oh well...so nobody has had any luck with the suction cup mount ?
Old 02-25-2012, 01:01 PM

I had it on for about a week and it never fell off unlike the old garmin gps I would use once in a blue moon that would fall off within a few hours. I would clean the glass b4 but didn't help. Now I have a kenwood dvd/nav unit

I just didn't like the suction cup showing on the windshield.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:47 PM

I've been using my suction cup for about a week now and not had any problems. That's even with big temperature swings. Just waiting on my dash mount to show up though and I'll be using that.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 02-26-2012, 05:27 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i had trouble getting the suction cup to stick good at first but i did the wet and stick number and throughout all my race take offs it hasnt fell off haha, i almost lost 15 stick of pipe out the back and the back hoe bucket in the bed keeps sliding to the tailgate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.