H & S - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 02-21-2012, 05:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H & S

I'm looking at getting the mini maxx. But have a couple of questions.

1. Does the aftermarket intake make a big difference? EGT's lower? Better power?

2. Has anyone done the the dpf delete but also used a muffler? I am not really interested in the truck being louder.

Thanks for any info!
post #2 of 7 Old 02-21-2012, 07:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jervi30 View Post

1. Does the aftermarket intake make a big difference? EGT's lower? Better power?

2. Has anyone done the the dpf delete but also used a muffler? I am not really interested in the truck being louder.

Thanks for any info!
Get an intake that starts at the turbo, allows the engine the breath more, more power, and sound. I recently did the delete pipe and am shopping for a way to quiet it down at idle (it gives off a hairdryer type sound), it doesn't really seem any louder to me while on the throttle other than the added turbine noise.. Just go ahead and do the intake, tuner, and delete, you will not be dissatisfied!
post #3 of 7 Old 02-21-2012, 07:43 AM

You need a CAI..especially if you are going to run any of the higher power tunes as the oem one is very restrictive. Even if you only run the lower power tunes the cost of a CAI is well worth it. I have a Flo Pro stainless exhaust dpf delete, with muffler, on my truck. The cab sound is almost like the stock exhaust..only very slightly louder. I have two friends with the same exhaust with no muffler and it is too loud when they have the windows rolled down. You can get it either way from most companies.

2010 F350 Lariat FX4 CC Long Box, Line X, Pueblo Gold, H&S Mini Maxx, DPF/DOC Delete, Flo Pro Down Pipe Back Stainless Exhaust, Flo Pro EGR/Cooler Delete with High Flow Intake Elbow, S&B CAI, MBRP Exhaust Tip
post #4 of 7 Old 02-21-2012, 09:29 AM

I have a mini max with just a delete pipe, egt stays in a pretty good range. I want a CAI but don't have the money just yet.

08 F-250 Lariet with sunroof & navigation
37in Trail Grapplers
22in rims
6in lift
Halo head lights
Hid's all the way around
Tinted tail lights
Mini max
Diamond eye dpf delete
7 inch single stack
post #5 of 7 Old 02-21-2012, 09:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Cold air intake helped out alot plus hearing the turbo more is sweet. To be honest I put on a delete pipe onto my5" dpf back exhaust and it sounds stock to me. Nothing like my 6.0

T-rav
2010 F350 6.4- H&S Single turbo kit, 5" flo pro,No limit SS cold side kit, No Limit intake, MPD billet CCV/oil filler, newton leveling kit, RED Newton traction bars, custom projector retrofit in oem lights and a bunch of LED lights LOL

Holderdown Performance #teamHDP

OUR FLEET: 2015 f450, 2014 Platinum F350, 2012 F450 6.7, 2010 F350 6.4, 2005 F350 6.0, 04 F450 6.0
post #6 of 7 Old 02-21-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jervi30 View Post

Thanks for any info!
1. Yes, you will notice improved throttle response & power as the engine gets the air that it wants/needs.

2. Quite a few people go with exhaust kits that use a muffler. Even without a muffler though, they arent very loud. If you wan ta kit with a muffler, let us know and we can put you together a package.

ICON Vehicle Dynamics | S&B Intakes | MBRP Exhaust | American Force Wheels | Diamond Eye | AFE Intakes | Carli Suspension | Industrial Injection | Garrett Turbos | FASS | Method Wheels | Bilstein Shocks | Airdog | KMC Wheels | Spartan | RSouth Bend Clutch | SCT | Edge Products | ATS Diesel | Bullydog | BMF Wheels | AMP Research | & much more....

post #7 of 7 Old 02-21-2012, 10:57 AM

I just installed my new MiniMaxx and S&B intake yesterday...they are great so far. Have noticed my EGT's lower already especially at idle and it cools down faster. The MiniMaxx is great and has so much info available at a glance. I really like being able to see what gear the tranny is in and when it's locked up. Shift on the fly power setting is also nice. A HUGE improvement over the Edge tuner I had before (it came with the truck when I bought it).

Now I just have to get the delete pipe installed. Hopefully later this week or this weekend as I get time to do the swap.

I did a lot of research over the last year+ and I don't think you will be disappointed with H&S. I called their customer service line yesterday to make sure I was doing my firmware update correctly and they were great...no problems!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

2008 Lariat 4x4 CCLB DRW
H&S Mini, S&B Intake
AirDog 2, Beans Diesel Sump
DieselSite Coolant Filter, CAC Boots, Tranny Filter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode