6.4 XRT Pro installed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 10:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
6.4 XRT Pro installed

New here!

Did the DPF/CAT delete on my 08 6.4 today and tuned it with the XRT Pro.

Its a totally different truck now! So amazing. I did have one problem though. I was changing some settings on the tuner and when the DPF option came up I accidentally clicked that it was still installed. I was totally like WTF when the truck wouldn't start and 4 codes came up.

After about 10 minutes I finally figured out my mistake and retuned the truck again (I was lowering the low boost fueling setting originally). After the tuner was setup right and the DTCs were gone the truck would still not start! At this point I was banging my head against the steering wheel cursing myself for screwing up something so simple.

I figured the BCM or PCM or whatever tells the truck to start was still thinking there was a fault, so I popped the hood and jumped the starter with the wire next to the passenger side battery and thankfully it cranked right up! Shut it off, plugged the wire back in and now the key starts the truck again.

Just thought i'd share the information for others out there that might have done something like this!

Cheers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2012, 05:29 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Glad you got it all worked out.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just installed H&S Mini Maxx with FloPro DPF/CAT delete last week - night & day difference!!! Used to get so ticked when my truck went into regen and smogged the daily commuters - now the only smoke is the black poof on a mild launch from a light!! Trans relearn is a trial of patience for now but I can tell it's coming along good. Good pull on any power setting, just a completely different truck. Computer calc'd mileage has increased 2mpg although I've not calc'd manually yet. Sorry I waited so long!
Old 02-14-2012, 06:15 PM

Yeah one thing i'm concerned about right now is the transmission, it seems like it won't go into 5 gear or the TC won't lock up until i'm going about 50-55 mph. Do I just need to keep driving around until it learns my driving style or do I need to download the "update" off H&S' website?

Alex
Old 02-14-2012, 07:18 PM

If you try start the truck with one or more of the exhaust probes un plugged and it not tuned to DPF removed, the PCM will lock it out for up to 60 minutes. Just FYI.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:20 AM

Re tune the truck with your Xrt pro and select Dpf removed ,should solve your problems . Maybe even download the hot 300 To your Xrt before you re tune . Im running the wild setting and it's awesome under hot 300!!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 02-15-2012, 10:23 AM

Glad you got yours figured out. I had a similar story except I was stuck at a carls' jr parking lot for an hourI was on my way into town, when i got the idea to change the transmission tune. I had never chaged the tranny tune before but I was at a stoplight and decided to try. So I am clicking through my mini maxx and figure the tranny tune setting should be in the change setting or download tune section (I forgot which one I pushed) but i pushed the setting which prompts you to set all the parameters for your truck and all that, dpf tires size etc. While i was in this setting the mini maxx would not let me go back so i was somewhat screwed ( mind you the stoplight had turned green and I was now do all of this while driving) So i am completely re downloading the tune while driving and end up pulling in the next stop which is a carl's jr parking lot. I stop let the tune finish downloading then shut my truck off and go to re start..... It does not start I try to start it a couple times but nothing! So i pop the hood and realize the negative side of my battery was disconected! I connect the negative and go to start and nothing! Dammit! So I call my sister to come give me a jump and nothing! I was about to call AAA but then I decided to check the tune. I go to the settings and noticed it said dpf present! I thought oh **** I just messed up my truck. So I redownload the tune the right way, let it finish and go to start and nothing! At this point I was really pissed!! I noticed a pretty lady parked in front of me standing outside of her car smoking a cig talking on her cell phone. I had quit smoking cigs for about two years but I really wanted one so I asked the women for a cig. After sitting relaxing and smoking my cancer stick I thought to try and download the stock tune. So I did that and it fired right up! Then I re downloaded the performance tunes and the beast was alive again! I felt like and idiot! Moral of the story, don't try and do too much while driving!!
Old 02-15-2012, 11:11 AM

Lol yeah, I think every time I mess around with the tune on my truck it'll be in my driveway just in case anything happens! I'm all about MPGs though. Right now its set at the Hot setting with low boost fueling at level 1. I'm getting pretty decent mpgs. About 15.5 mixed hand calculated. Does anyone know if going to the hot damn 300 tune and keeping your foot out of it will net any better mpgs? I've still got the stock intake mind you and i'm only leveled with 35s for now. I'll be going to 37s once I lift it probably in the next few months.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:43 PM

the trans tune that comes preloaded on the xrt pro didnt let my tc lock up till bout 52-53 mph. I downloaded the shift schedule 2 low setting and now it locks up about 45 mph in 5th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.