XRT Questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
XRT Questions

Just put the mods in that are in my sig in this weekend (CAI, tunes and exhaust).

Couple of questions on the XRT:

I had a problem with changing the tunes. It was setup on the mild tune and I wanted to change to the Hot tune. Hit "change tune", scrolled up to HOT and hit enter...didnt do anything. Just beeped and returned to the main selection screen. Went down to "show settings".. still on mild tune. Anybody have any ideas on whats wrong?

Which leads to my other question.. I have an insight that I use for monitoring, when i go to plug the XRT in and change the tune setting, do I turn the truck on? Turn key to RUN position only? Or truck off, no key in? Probably a stupid question but couldnt find it on here and didnt see anything on H&S website.

Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2012, 05:24 PM

Usually when changing tunes it will prompt you to turn the key to the run position.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:15 PM

Ahh.. That could be why. Though I never got any indication of needing to put the key in the run position.

I updated the T.V. To the new .12 version so I'll plug her in tomorrow morning and give it a shot.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:32 PM

the settings screen shows which tunes are installed... not which setting you're on.

if you've got the key on and you selected the hot setting, you're on hot.

the settings screen shows which set of tunes are installed. if you load the hot files and set it on the no-power setting (which would be a 60hp tune), it would show that you've got the hot files loaded
Old 02-12-2012, 07:45 PM

I just have the default tunes installed running on the "mild" tune. So you're saying it would show default or something right? I checked my settings and it just shows "mild" at the very bottom. That seems kind if weird that it wont show you what tune you have it on.

Im sure its something simple or im just doing it all wrong..
Old 02-12-2012, 07:58 PM

the standard tunes will always show mild on the settings screen. hot will show HD or hot damn. not sure what the actual "mild" will show as I've never loaded them
Old 02-12-2012, 08:07 PM

Interesting.. so when I go to change the tune, all I get is a beep and a return to the main screen. Is this normal?

DoD you might not be the person to ask, Haha, but is there a pretty noticeable difference between the mild 80 hp tunes and the hot 250 hp tunes in the "default" tunes? Like I said I tried changing from mild to hot today but the truck off and the key wasn't in it. It never prompted me to put the key in. So therefore I don't believe it changed tunes.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:09 PM

standard goes up to 250, hot up to 300. I've never run the "mild"
Old 02-13-2012, 07:07 AM

I appreciate the help DoD.

So my question is, what is the difference, if any, between running a no power/mild tune and the hot tune?

I have been told there is really no difference unless you go WOT. Maybe a little with throttle response.

Anybody want to chime in that has ran two different tunes before? Just trying to get a gauge on the diff. between a hot and mild tune and also trying to verify which one I am running.

I dont jump on the truck and def. dont go WOT. Dont want to risk blowing HGs as I'm not studded. Anymore input is appreciated. Loving the "new" truck.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

The difference between the standard DPF-Off tunes that come on the unit are as follows:

Stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.