Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Any good diesel shops in central Texas?

5K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  PowerStrokeEnginuities 
#1 ·
Looking for a diesel shop that is good with 6.4 powerstrokes and installing any kind of performance parts. Any help?
I live in giddings, Texas if that makes a difference.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free

#4 ·
San Antonio, Poor boys Diesel. Great shop they are a little south of you, but will take good care of you. They will install anything, and are a dealer for just about everything you can think of, spartan, KEM, H&S, Airdog, S&B, AFE, ect ect ect. PM me if you would like there number.

#8 ·
if you wanna take the drive TSD in san antonio has great reviews all over and ive delt with them many times! great guys to deal with up there!

#9 ·
All sound like good places. But I might end up at powerstroke enginuities in Houston. Anyone know what exactly is needed to make a 6.4 engine extremely reliable? Trying to avoid internal engine problems. Already did the dpf/egr delete with air intake and h&s.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuipde.Com Free

#10 ·
Looks like you have the bases covered for the most part on making a good reliable 6.4. If you want to go a bit further, get an Airdog 2 and I think you will be set. You could do head studs, but the 6.4's dont have as many issues with head gaskets as the 6.0 did. After those, everything is going to be pure performance upgrades and hard parts to make a 600+ hp truck last.

#11 ·
Is there anyway to fix the radiator problem or at least avoid it? I havnt replaced any radiators yet and truck is still on its first one with 57k miles. When it does go I was gonna out in an all aluminum with all aftermarket hoses and clamps. Figured about 1400 worth in parts and do labor myself. And airdog and homemade ccv are in progress.

#12 ·
If you havent had a radiator problem yet, you may never have it. I have an 08 and have never had a single problem with the radiator. There is really no way to avoid it if you are going to have it. I wouldnt worry to much.

#13 ·
Talk to Foy at Texas Diesel Injection in San Antonio. They do good work.

#14 ·
I always let my truck warm up before I drive and let egts get below 220 before turning her off. I heard coolant pressure might have been causing some of the problems but I'm not sure.

#16 ·
Very true but if I have the time I will go ahead and let it cool down. Someone on the org told me before "treat your truck good and it will treat your wallet good". Could just install a turbo timer also but you will still waste fuel.

#19 ·
Thanks Jake for putting our name
Out, and yes AB has a hard in for 6.4s. Lol people think he is nuts, but he loves working on them. If you have any questions or issues give us a shout bud.
Psehouston.com
832-738-3983

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.