Swapping Mini Max back and forth? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 07:40 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Swapping Mini Max back and forth?

My friend has a mini max on his 2011 6.7l dodge. I wanted to know if we could swap it onto my 2008 6.4l for a few days to see If I like it and then change it back to the cummins with out having to re register or pay a fee?

I bought my truck with a livewire on it and would like to feel the difference. Already has dpf delete and egr delete.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2012, 09:03 AM

I think it should work as long as the MM is 'returned to stock' status. I asked a similar question before I bought mine and being able to move it from one truck to another (if I bought another one) was supposedly the case.

Call H&S to be sure
Old 02-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Premium Member

I am not positive but most programers are set up for that type of truck. Im sure you can plug it into the Ford and see read outs and such. I dont think you can try to program your Ford with a Dodge based Mini Max.

The tunning is going to be completly different.

This is the same issue i have with my Edge. I had it on my 6.0 and now i have a 6.4. i can use the programmer as a display for temps but thats it. I cant flash the tunes into my new rig.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

My xrt pro has tunes for 4 ,I think, different vehicles , as long as the truck its on now is returned to stock and unlocked from vehicle you can change trucks as long as the truck you are going to is listed on the vehicle selection at start up menu when installing download.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:12 AM

Hell he could do a delete and use this min max to tune his truck. Take the mini out and give back to friend and still have a tuned truck.

The tuner is not vehicle specific. NOT YET I think the problem might be the return to stock file from the dodge might be lost unless you figure out how to save it. It might not be just one file or maybe. You might lose your stock program as well.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:33 AM

Yeah that's what I was wondering because his tuner also would work on a 6.4l powerstroke. So what I was really wondering would a tuner that has been used on a dodge truck (or any other truck) be able to put that truck back to stock and then tune my 6.4l, and then put the 6.4l back to stock and reinstall back to the dodge. (My truck is deleted with a livewire RCD 450.)

The main question is does this tuner lock onto the first truck and need to be unlocked for a price?

Also my buddy is a farmer and uses that truck for weekends only so if it is out of commission for a few days (dpf deleted) it is not a big deal.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Whoever owns the mini maxx can return their truck to stock and then put the mini in another truck, you cant tune one then tune another. The mini has built in tunes for ford , dodge, and chevy. They are simply plug and play. Kind of like a bully dog tripple dog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.