300 Hot Damn - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 06:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
300 Hot Damn

I just gave the old Hot Damn a 2nd try and holy sh** I don't know what the he'll I did the first time to make me go back to mild tunes. This thing came alive and I got the feeling I had when I first tuned it again! My lie-o-meter jumped up 3.5 mpg lol! But the exhaust sounds smoother (if that makes since) and I lowered my low boost fueling to 3 from 5 I guess im growing up don't need that epa haze. Anyway this tune is awesome, can't wait to see what it does in the long run. Thank you h&s!!!!! One question though what trans tune is everyone running. I tow bout 25%, of the time and yes I like to show off some at the red lights any suggestions im on s1m now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2012, 06:47 PM

every time I try it, I go back to the standard tunes. the 250 seems to be a lot smoother with less injection timing rattle
Old 01-31-2012, 06:52 PM

See that's what I thought the first time but now it feels perfect. Idk maybe I downloaded something wrong last time? Don't know what happened but now I like it. I guess ill see where it takes me. What the he'll I spend 50000 on a truck I might as well experiment with it lol. You familiar with Kem tunes?
Old 01-31-2012, 07:22 PM

nothing wrong with experimenting. I've played with a bunch of settings. I keep coming back to the default tune.

I'm aware of the KEM tunes. My buddy runs them on his 08, but I'm not super familiar with them. I'm quite content with how much truck runs. I do wish H&S would focus on tuning the smoke out of their tunes though
Old 01-31-2012, 07:26 PM

Well I think the fuel pump is mostly to blame. I tried out an edge and that thing smoked like a mother f*****. But your right 3.59 per gallon I want to milk all I can out of it. Plus I have a white truck and I hate cleaning that crap off of it. I was just curious about Kem I just hate to drop 300$ h&s mild tunes are plenty tho.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.