Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

pics of a DIY CCV mod for a 6.4???

39K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Hogstroker72 
#1 ·
Will someone be kind enough to snap some pics of a do it yourself CCV mod that you have made and installed. I did one today half assed to say the least just to get it done but some pics of one done a little better would help inspire me to go back and make mine a little better.... thanks in advance!

#5 ·
The engine loves me for it as does the inner cooler and my dealer doesn't seem to care. Pretty easy to put back to stock though, if ur worried about it.

#6 ·
Is this pretty easy to do? Would it be worth the time?

#7 ·
benstroke o2 , diffently worth it to do ,Very easy install if you have the parts , ive ssen the diy kits for 15$ or the kit i paid 200 for, but it has everything i need and it will look great and perform as it should !!! Ill post pics in the next day or so of my install , fyi i spoke with the gentleman whos fabricates the powerstrokeconnection ccv mod and said he would honor a group discount for the site , but would diffenitly still give you a deal!! if you contacted him direct

#8 ·
ccv

I will post a couple pictures of mine when I get home. Not very hard at all. The hardest part of mine was making the aluminum catch can because i didnt want to wait for one lol. I did mine on a saturday and the local race shop was closed. doing this on my 6.0 and just got a can off ebay

#9 ·
subscribing

#11 ·
Subscribing myself i have a nice tank just want to see some diff ways guys are doin it

#13 ·
Thats what i was thinking! I have seen heater hoses after a few days of having oil in it its seeping out and leaking all over :thumb:

#16 ·
Mine has hardly produced a drop in the few months I have had it but it sure does vent well.

#17 ·
Its a nice security for anyone with a tuner. I run mine to atmosphere so heater hose is fine for me, if I do see oil ever seeping thru the hose, ill spen the money for new hose, but I did mine for free so I cant complain right now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.