19.5 x 6.75 or 7.50 Aluminum Wheels - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
19.5 x 6.75 or 7.50 Aluminum Wheels

Looking for a source of direct bolt 19.5 wheels in either a 6.75 or 7.50 width.

MKW -T10 show a custom wheel but it turns out to be an adapter type.

American wheel,, no app.

Alcoa.... only 6.0 wide

Rickson truck, still waiting since May no word.

Any other ideas??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I know that Rickson does offer direct bolt ons but I am not sure what widths they come in.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:42 PM

do they make any for srw trucks?
Old 07-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Try these guys...

Century Wheel & Rim
2930 W Osborn Rd · Phoenix, Az.
(602) 271-0031

In Az. so freight may be an issue?

Good luck.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Rønning View Post
I know that Rickson does offer direct bolt ons but I am not sure what widths they come in.
Rickson does avertise and has sold direct bolt Aluminum wheels for 450/550 rigs. The issue has been since may is they are having a tiem with their supplier. First it was the supplier want Rickson to purchase a double size lot ($200,000.00 vs $100,000.00) now it is the supplier was bought by a bigger company and the new company doesn't want to sell blanks........ I have been in a holding pattern since June, already have the rubber, now I am looking at seeing if it can safely be mounted on a 6 in rim.......

I have always done custom work on my trucks just enoght for the observant to notice a change but not so outlandish to be obnoxious. I will give Centry wheel a call and see what turn out from them. Shame Rickson is just 2 hours from me.

Cheers
Old 08-02-2011, 03:47 AM

Thanks to all for the info, Found em !

Aquasunmotorsports.com has a direct bolt on set for 2058.00 delivered.
thsi is 4 aluminum and 2 steel wheels 19.5 x 6.75.

woo hoo

Should have the new wheel by the end of next week.

PS, this is over 800.00 buck less than Rickson who lost his supplier.....

Cheers
Old 08-02-2011, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo444 View Post
do they make any for srw trucks?
There are several places that make SRW 19.5 wheels ( Super Singles) for our trucks. I did nto go that route because I wanted the safety of two tires under the load. It get real interesting when you loose a rear tire and have a heavy load in the bed, life get kinda sideways real fast..... and as a friend said when it happend to him...." why are those sparks coming off the hood??"...

American Force makes some great lookign stuff inthe Super Single market.

Cheers
Old 08-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I can't get Rickson to return my calls.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:45 AM

Update on 19.5s

I have been searching for several months now. Initially I made a deal with Rickson Wheel manufacturing... this netted me a set of tires, while I had to endure endless excuses, end result is Rickson had lost thee Aluminum blank supplier.

Next was MKW.... they advertised a direct bolt 19.5 x 6.75 for the F450...... after several phone calls it turns out that they are supplying 10 x 275mm bolt circle wheels with adapters... How is this direct bolt?

Last try was American Force thru a company in Florida. They stated that the direct bolts are available purchase a set and was awaiting delivery..... oh wait American Force pull their 19.5 line due to bolt circle cracking......

Alcoa does not sell direct bolt wide wheels only 6 inch wide. They do not sell blanks.

My next thought is to either go to 22.5 or look at axles to swap under the F450....

As to phone calls and returning contacts..... I vistied Rickson Wheel, I was not impressed. While they have a store front you can't walk in without someone "buzzing you in". Midday Friday I visited and did after 10 minutes get in. Dan the owner showed me his shop the operation looked to be a one man shopand very small. Two folks answer the phone one works from home part time and the other works in the office part time. Rickson at the time had stock but not completed wheels either steel or Aluminum.
With no completed inventory in place it takes some time to deliver a set of wheel to the customer.

The website has some issues with consistancy one part states one thing and another says something else. Powder coating is not done on site, while the steel wheels on the 450/550 Medium duty page state Black White and Red are standard colors at no extra cost, actually the only standard color is Black everything else is extra. I tried to get a set of steel wheels in a Chrome powder coat... the powder coating process would have cost more than the wheels Not sure why teh powder coater would charge so much ( $250 per)
Chrome wheels are not an option as the quotes are too expensive. An alternate is Spectra Chrome a process of spraying on Chrome onto a product. No one in the area ( my area) does this. To buy a set up costs $4500+ USD. need to do more than just a bumper and a set of wheels to justify that cost to the wife.

Now If you have a 350 or a 8 lug 450 there are wheels available thru various suppliers..... Hummmm.

It would seem that most of the Aluminum wheel blanks are coming from overseas maybe China and the quality of the material is not up to snuff which causes this cracking issue and legal issues.

For now My 265/70's are mounted on the stock wheels and will research wheel ends that have a more user friendly truck wheel patern so that I can use either Acuride or Alcoa wheels.

Cheers

Any Ideas please forward..

Cheers

Last edited by MD05; 08-15-2011 at 03:03 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

MD05, thanks for the update.

I am in a situation my self. I have a 2010 F350 DRW and I am torn with getting 19.5's or sticking with 17" and just getting a beefier tire. I am against the adapters because no one has convinced me going form a total of 75 lbs per rim/tire to 170lbs (additonal 100 lbs) is OK on wear n tear. It may be fine for short term but lets hear from guys that have 50-60,000 miles with those steel adapters.
At least Alcoa makes a classic round hole now in 17" and I am surprised no one here has them.

Rickson - Won't return my calls.
American Force - Wheel blanks from China and although many here state they love them, I know they are no where near the quality as an Alcoa long term. I even doubt they are TRULY forged. I also have heard of the aluminum coating coming off and causing corrosion.
American Eagle - cast
MKW - They do make direct 19.5 bolt ons but they aren't the best looking in my opinion. I'd like to know if anyone here has them installed and can post pics.

I think I am going to hang tough since my truck only has 9200 miles on it and wait for Alcoa to make a 19.5 8x200. I am sure they will eventually since there is a market for them since the new F450's are 8x200.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.