Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Mini maxx questions

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  bushman134 
#1 ·
I purchased a mini maxx used and I wanted to know if it needs to be unlocked before I load it on my truck? I don't want to install my exhaust and find out it need to be unlocked or re licensed!

Thanks

#4 ·
There are no unlock fees for the 6.4L Powerstroke. The 6.7L on the other hand must be purchased. If the unit was used when you purchased it, you need to go into the "show settings" screen. Make sure next to "download" that it says "NOT installed". That is how you know it was returned to stock correctly by the previous owner. If it says "installed" or "recovery mode", you will have to have the previous owner return it to stock correctly, or pay for an unlock from us.

Hope that helps!

#6 ·
There are no unlock fees for the 6.4L Powerstroke. The 6.7L on the other hand must be purchased. If the unit was used when you purchased it, you need to go into the "show settings" screen. Make sure next to "download" that it says "NOT installed". That is how you know it was returned to stock correctly by the previous owner. If it says "installed" or "recovery mode", you will have to have the previous owner return it to stock correctly, or pay for an unlock from us.

Hope that helps!
Got to love that! :thumb:

#5 ·
Thanks it was unlocked correctly. I have my flo pro 5in. Down pipe back kit in and my s&b intake and the mini maxx with the 300 tune and all I can say is damn.........:thumb: and the shift on the fly option is awesome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.