Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Hp gains with Spartan

10K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  Changing 
#1 ·
This may sound like a dumb question but I'm gonna ask it anyways. I am getting a Spartan tuner in the next week and am just curious if/how the tune# correlates with the amount of horsepower you gain?
Ex: Does the 210 tune add 210hp to your truck?
Im just looking to shed a little more light on what kinda horsepower and torque I can realistically expect?

#5 ·
So theoretically I should get 560? Or is rwhp more complex then just adding the 350hp it has stock to the 210 I should gain?

#12 ·
It was 940-950 I believe with that tune. I have seen as high as 1240 foot lbs of torque with our 310 tune. That was on a 594 horsepower pull.

My truck does have a few more mods than just a tuner, intake, and exhaust though. A truck that did dyno on that same dyno, the same day with our 310 tune, an intake, and an exhaust did 583/1150.

#14 ·
For a few dyno pulls and highway driving, the 310 tune is perfectly safe. I don't recommend daily driving with that tune though. It is super touchy down low, shifts pretty aggressively, and tends to smoke quite a bit. I think the 3 best daily driver tunes are the 210, 250, and 300 tunes. The beat fuel economy tune on the highway seems to be the 275 tune. It is also the most tame tune to run if you prefer using cruise control on the highway. Typically with any good tuner, you can prevent most problems with your right foot. Be smart and conservative most of the time and you will be good to go.

#17 ·
The egr delete and the dpf delete come with it? I only have a stock tranny is that an issue?

#18 ·
No. You can order the DPF delete with the tuner as a package bundle. EGR deletes are purchased separately unless one of our dealers has a package bundle that includes an EGR delete. However, the tune will come with tunes ready for an EGR delete.

Stock transmissions seem to hold up pretty well with the tuning (transmission tuning is included in our tuning). Some guys have 50,000+ miles with our 310 tune and zero transmission issues. It all depends on your right foot though. Maintenance also plays a big factor in the longevity of your transmission. Healthy fluid and filters help to prolong the life of a transmission.

#19 ·
I appreciate your info I'm probably not going to be buying a tuner until later this year but when I do I think that I will give your stuff a serious look.

#21 ·
Let me know if you have any questions! :icon_ford:

I have to agree I am ordering the package with the delete pipe and the console, will I get an egr delete with that? And if not should I get one?
No EGR delete. Just the tunes to shut the EGR off for an EGR delete. I recommend an EGR delete to everyone though. Some people can't do them, however, because it makes returning to stock for warranty work much more difficult and time consuming. Others don't do it because of emissions testing in their areas. It's easy to put a DPF back on for an emissions test. Having to put a DPF and EGR system back on is a pain.

#20 ·
I have to agree I am ordering the package with the delete pipe and the console, will I get an egr delete with that? And if not should I get one?

#23 ·
I am looking to get the best mileage with the least smoke which tune would you suggest? I have a somewhat heavy foot not sure if it matters.

#25 ·
I know I can't expect great mileage no matter what, I have a truck not a prius and I'm on 37" mud tires to boot but every little bit helps.

#26 ·
I agree heavy foot and mileage whoas quit ur *****in and buy a hybrid :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.