Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.4 5" exhaust with or without Muffler?????

21K views 65 replies 14 participants last post by  08stroker250 
#1 ·
wondering which one i should get and what the differences are??

thanks

#8 ·
ok thanks one more question

i had my dad order all this for me and he said" if its loud im gonna be pissed"
sooooooo??? am i gonna get my *** kicked or is it not that bad at startup and idle???

#18 ·
i had my dad order all this for me and he said" if its loud im gonna be pissed"
sooooooo??? am i gonna get my *** kicked or is it not that bad at startup and idle???
you will be safe its not loud at all sounds like a jet engine real airyy

sounds good!
i likee the sound of exhuasts that whistle. will my straight pipe whistl loud?
not much whistle on the 6.4 like 08spartan250 said because of the twins it does have quiet a turbo sound when you let off the skinny pedal runnig down the highway

I just installed a flo pro 5 in. Back kit and couldn't be happier with the sound. It sounds great and isnt too loud! I actually would like it a little louder!
i second that motion i put a 5" system on my i still havent put my tip on i need to cut the end of the exhaust and fit my tip on
i picked up a 5" x 6" MBRP stainless Dual Wall for an 18 pack of coors light so its sitting in my garage

#11 ·
Your a$$ should be safe from a whoopin. It has a really nice tone to it at start up and idle. Not loud at all. He will be happy with the results. If the windows are up in the truck you wont even know you changed anything while cruising down the road.

#13 ·
I have a thread here on the forum about it with videos. Do a search for FTE Resonator and the thread should come up. Make sure it's the thread that I started on it.

#14 ·
sounds good!
i likee the sound of exhuasts that whistle. will my straight pipe whistl loud?

#19 ·
^ I put the same tip on mine and I love it. My only complaint is that its really close to the bed of my truck . I need to cut some more off so its at more of a downward angle but I absolutely love the sound. I was on the highway today for the first time and at 80mph with the windows up I could barely hear it and with the radio going I couldn't at all!

#21 ·
wow that is close, i have about 3 inches clearance but mine exits at more of a 45* angle closer to the bumper than that flo pro does

#23 ·
i will snap a pic of mine in a sec when i go outside and have a smoke

#25 ·
this is where mine exits im going to cut it back and put that 5"x6" MBRP stainless on tonight, but i might end up gettin a 5x7 x 18"long rolled edge tip, not sure yet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.