Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

help! took my truck in with h&s on it now it wont start !!

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  dttheliman 
#1 ·
I took my truck in yesterday to have the recalls checked out and some other stuff. They decided to go ahead and plug in and try and reflash there tune with out letting me know while the h&s tune is still on there . So now the truck will not start for them !? What do i do? I have the stock exhaust do I makebthem put it on and take my exhaust and tuner off ? Can I go up there and mess wig the black max ???? Any ideas here would be greatly appreciated

#2 ·
Re-Download our tuner to the ECM and your truck will start again. The truck will not start with factory programming and no exhaust sensors. If the tuner gives you errors when trying to download it, it is because of the new factory flash. At that point if you download the latest software for the tuner, you will be all set.

Email tech@hsperformance.com or give us a call and we can help if you run into any problems.

-H&S

#3 ·
Same thing happened the other day when I went in for tire warranty issues, they reflashed my PCM without first asking me, and then my sct controller quit working so I had to send it back and have since then reinstalled my dpf and put the truck back in the shop for a new egr valve courtesy of Ford. Sheesh these trucks are a pain

#4 ·
Awesome!!!! thank you for the help going to the dealer tomorrow to fix it.

#5 ·
I took my truck for a oil/filter change into my mod friendly dealer yesterday - same thing - they checked the continental tire recall so full of wtf I have goodrich's fitted - they still have to note them apparently - and then he called me up and told me there was a recall that required a flash , but he knows I am tuned so asked me if I wanted it done - NO was my answer, however I asked him what it did he said that it modified the stock EGR portion of the program.

My point is every time I take it in I tell the service monkey its tuned so he calls me to ask if he thinks there is a potential issue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.