Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

down pipe...

871 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  08powerstroker64 
#1 ·
Can I run like a Diamond eye 4" downpipe on a 6.4 with out taking to dpf off? or will it throw a code? Also if I wanted to put an intercooler pipe in also do i need a tuner or can it go on the truck stock?

#3 ·
You dont need a tuner to run a cold side intercooler pipe. Running a larger downpipe into a stock exhaust wont help much either because you will have a free flowing exhaust but then it will hit a bottleneck again when it gets to the stock pipe. I would tune, and delete the dpf before you get the downpipe.

#4 ·
Yes you can run a downpipe and/or a cold side IC pipe without a programmer. Gains will be present but minor and not even sure you'd feel anything seat of the pants. One word of warning, these trucks generated very high temps during regen and that is why the factory downpipe is double wall tubing. We do offer a ceramic coating on our downpipes to help control external temps in the event that the DPF and stock programming is reinstalled for things like dealer visits or yearly inspections. We also offer the same coating on or cold side IC pipes to help keep underhood temps from heating the air charge that the intercooler just cooled down. I would suggest some try of thermal barrier or coating if you going to run a downpipe and regen together. Let me know if I can help or if you have any questions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.