Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Boost pressure 28.55#

954 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Mugsy 
#1 ·
It does not matter what tune I run but the most boost I ever read on the Insight monitor is 28.55#. once it gets to that level, it holds steady till I let off the gas. Is it low because of elevation, or is it in the normal range. Some guys seem to have a lot more boost then that.
Thanks for your help.

#2 ·
I break 40lbs all the time when driving up a grade and flooring it.

#4 ·
So what could be a possible cause for my low boost pressure? Is my insight off or my boots leaking? I tighten them twice a year just to be sure. I only have 31k on my truck.

#5 ·
What does the analog boost gauge on your dash say? If they are the same it sounds like something is bleeding pressure. First thing I would do(and easiest) is take the boots off, clean and inspect them and re-install them. You can use a little of the wives hair spray on the inside of them to help get a nice tight fit. Don't know why it works, but was good advice given to me and worked like a charm. If you haven't done the CCV mod yet, these boots don't like that oil, you might also consider doing that at the same time. You'll be amazed how much oil is puddling up when you take the boots off. Let us know if you get it figured out.

#6 ·
Thanks for the advice. What do you clean the boots with when you get them off and how tight do you tighten them? I am nervous about the one on the inner cooler.

#7 ·
I clean mine with simple green to get all the oil and grease off let them dry and them whipe them down to make sure there is no residual soap or anything on them. Spray with hairspray and reinstall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.