Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

H&S Black Maxx & Mini Maxx Screens

6K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  DSTRBD 
#1 ·
I'm trying to decide whether or not to get an H&S XTR Pro with an Edge Insight for gauges or a BlackMaxx. I prefer the looks of the Edge Insight CTS and CS and the way they show the half sweep gauges with the numeric readout but would obviously like to have the shift on the fly option.

Can anyone tell me if you can change the view on the screen of the Black and Mini max controllers? I've been watching videos on You Tube and they all look the same with a sweep style gauge on the right and the boxes on the left side.

Thanks,
Greg.

#2 ·
What do you want to change it to?
You can change the color scheme and you can set which parameter is shown on the left of the screen as well as which parameter is shown as the sweep gauge on the right.
My screen is set up with the default blue in daytime and red on black at night with the pyro 1 shown on the sweep gauge. I have been playing with the others but I feel when towing the EGT is the most important info.

#5 ·
wait, how is it all free? im researching to tune my dads 6.4 and i like free haha

#6 ·
H&S has all kinds of custom tranny tunning available for you to download based on your tastes. Want the tranny to lock in 4th? They have it. Want shift points to happen at higher speeds? They have it. etc.

All of their custom tunes and updates are free and the best part is they've proven they care by updating the tuning files for the 6.4 even AFTER the 6.7 tuner came out. The fact that they are still working on the 6.4 tunes really says something to me. Most of the aftermarket forgets about you when a new model comes out.

#8 ·
if you subscribe to the h&S newsletter, they notify you of a change in the programming also bud. Very good company in my opinion!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.