Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Spartan 250 vs 275

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  08stroker250 
#1 ·
FINALLY got my spartan ordered today and got the s&b CAI and 5 inch turbo back with 6 inch tip. Wondering if the 275 or 250 are better dailey driver tunes??
ill deffinitly be doing some racing but i want the most mpg i can get and smootheest drive. and i dont wanna hurt anything so is the 275 a lot more stress on internal parts versus the 250??

thanks so much

cant wait to finally be "spartanized"

#3 ·
The 275 tune is deffinitly a blast to drive but to get the shifting I was looking for I had to settle on the 210 tune. The 210 Tow and above tunes are just ridiculous when it comes to shifting. I completed the tranny relearn process and could never get the shift points to settle down so for a DD I felt best on the 210 tune.

The 275 tune was so bad that I could leave from a dead stop in 4hi full throttle and either the 2-3 or 3-4 shift the tranny just wouldnt take it. it would studder back and forth between gears or get stuck inbetween and just rev.

#4 ·
thanks for the reply guys!
does the 210 still have good power??

#7 ·
For what it's worth, I ran a 13.8 in the 1/4 with the 210 last year on fuel. I dyno'd the same tune and it did 470. The pass was made with 32" Toyo Proxes and the dyno pulls were made with 35" Toyo AT's.

#8 ·
thanks for the numbers

wow thats quick!!!
:thumb:
what are those same stats with the 250???

#9 ·
wow thats quick!!!
:thumb:
what are those same stats with the 250???
I've never ran or dyno'd with the 250. I have seen dyno numbers in the 510-520 range on fuel though (bone stock trucks other than tune, intake, and exhaust). And that is a VERY respected dyno in the diesel motorsports world.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.