Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

well i pulled the trigger, CANT WAIT

3K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  BIGSKI15 
#1 ·
well i just installed a AFE stage 2 this week, now i just purchased a pro flo DPF/CAT delete, with a H&S Mini maxx today. I cant wait to install, does anyone have any tips on the install it looks pretty strait forward under the truck. Thanks brand new to the diesel world, ford as well but, loving it.

#2 ·
There are several threads on the DPF/DOC delete, install. PB blaster were the pipes come together. Use ratchet straps to pull the pipes apart. Pull the two pipes apart before removing the two bolts holding the down pipe to the exhaust. Remove the hangers from the frame leaving them attached to the pipe.. Hope you got all that.

#6 ·
When pulling the pipes apart, wrap one end to your axle and the other to the pipe after the DPF. When putting the new pipes together, wrap the strap around the cross member and the other to the rear pipe. I also put some anti seeze on the pipes before assembly. Might have to take them apart again.

#7 ·
well the mini max was delivered today still have not got the delete pipe yet but, WOW is all i have to say cheers to h&s they did a damn good job. only thing is my cruise control is not working i think it might be an update problem not sure i thought i loaded the latest software maybe not.

#8 ·
Just did the same mods and I love it. The only regret I have is not getting a higher flow air filter. I will fix that soon. Right now every time I get on the pedal I get a check filter message. Love the power and even with my slightly heavy right foot my mileage is way better.

#9 ·
haha yea same here, i still do not have my delete pipe in. It should be here on monday or so i will keep you posted but, with the tuner and the cai im getting roughly 23mpg on the hwy and 15mpg in town, about 12 if im having a good time aka trans relearn. Its just an excuse to give it hell haha.

#13 ·
Thats crazy, is it worth doing the CAT delete along with the DPF. I heard it should be done because just doing a DPF removal will clog up your CATS sooner. But I'm looking into doing just the DPF, let me know how you like it? I'm still hesitant because of my warranty

#14 ·
yea, I have heard the same thing, I am getting the cat and dpf delete, i forgot to post that part. I just hope that the onboard mpg calculator is right. I will hand caculate it tommorrow before I put my DPF/CAT delete on with just a tuner and then a few days after I put the whole system together I will Post MPG with that.

#16 ·
well put the DPF/CAT delete on today install took me about 3hrs cause I did not have a pry bar to take off the hangers for the exhaust, I had to use a large screwdriver it sucked, after that everything cam off easy, on the CAT the top flange bolt was a little tough to get to but you can manage, once everthing is pulled off the replacement pipes are easy to put on, my favorite part about it besides the regen being gone are my EGT'S they dropped from about 900 at 60-65 to about 500, and when i get on it they might get up to 1100 in which i can manage that. Overall, im very satified with the install the power is awsome and my fuel milege has inproved im not sure by how much yet but, I know the fuel guage is not acting like a turbo guage. If you have any questions just let me know, oh yea use the straps to pull the dpf off, my strap broke so i had to manage

#18 ·
Ok Jimbo, I just hand calculated my MPG with just the tuner and not the DPF and CAT delete installed with of Mix of Hwy and City and I got 15.82, That was with me giving it hell, I was checking out the tuner. I installed the DPF/CAT delete on it, filled up and I will post my MPG in a couple of days with me driving normal, 60 -65 on the hwy and not blowing smoke in town.

#20 ·
Alright, after 127 miles of driving for work and errands, I filled back up hand calculated and I got 23.2 MPG. That was driving unloaded and me taking it as easy as I could. These are mosltly hwy miles but, there was some city driving and I did not get over 70 MPH. I hope this helps out on your decision. I am pleased overall I think the the mileage inprovements will pay for the upgrades in very little time expecially since I drive over 100 mile round trip from work everyday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.