Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Dirty Diesel EGR Delete

3K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  jayz 
#1 ·
I just ordered my Dirty Diesel EGR delete. Anyone have any tips for installation?

#2 ·
take your time and make sure everything is right. I also recommend that you get a new intake elbow gasket :thumb:

#5 ·
Thanks for the tips fellas. I'll definitely check for a gasket and get one if it doesn't have it. How hard is it getting the coolers out?

#7 ·
take all the brackets off the top one and the bottom one. take the oil dip stick loose. take inner fender out. (easy)you can see alot better. has to go out the back with alot of twisting and cusing but you will get it out. have fun lol

#12 ·
Yes I got the dirty diesel delete with the new intake elbow. Just got it in the mail. Now just have to find time to do it.

#15 ·
It came with a full set of instructions and doesn't appear to be too difficult, but time consuming and tedious. I'll let you guys know after I tackle it.

#18 ·
LOL i bet, i gotta order mine soon!

#20 ·
what does subscribed MEAN????? LOL and its fairly easy really 2 pipes 4 hose clamps 6 egr cooler retainers 2 coolers top is really easy gotta take sm other stuff off to ease top removal but it aint bad and then the lower just takes sm time i took mine out the bottom front lots of up and around to leftside tire to move it wiggly it and just slap the piss outta it to try n get it out but finally it did its not hard i am pretty car swavey so might have a factor in why i think it was easy but i think n e 1 can takle it

#22 ·
Haven't done it yet. I have a class C rv that need repair due to water damage. That will take up most of my time for the next month.

#23 · (Edited)
JAYZ. Did you remove your left tire and molding to remove the lower unit?

BTW to others:

To subscribe to the thread you don't have to post something. Just use the Thread tools drop down. Less clutter on the post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.