Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

H&S Easy Tunes?

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Trogar 
#1 ·
Has anybody tried these new tunes yet? I'm hoping this would be good for towing as I have been seeing some high EGT's with the mild tunes. I took my toyhauler to get new tires yesterday and hit 1200 degrees on a mild incline. Once the TC locked in 4th, the boost shot up to 23psi and EGT's were 1100-1200. I cant imagine towing up anything steep with that. I had the Mild tuning and set on mild. Anyway, I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Easy tuning will keep all the temps in check. It seems weird because I use to run the old hot damn on mild and the temps didnt get that hot...

#4 ·
1200 ain't hott these trucks see 1500 stock during regen for 5 10 15 min or how ever long it takes there stout now on the other doin 45 n barley getting into it and seeing 1200 yea that's running hott But then again u were towing what else u have done to truck

#5 ·
How heavy is your toy hauler? What shift schedule are you running?

#7 ·
The "Easy" tunes on the website is a softer install (less HP) than the default ones. I haven't run any of them, so I couldn't fairly comment on how they are running. But, I have run the 275, and the 300 hot damn files, on hot damn, and my egt's hit 1250 often WITHOUT pulling a trailer. I have my defuel set to 1450, has only defueled once or twice, WOT. While pulling with the same tunes, it usually hits 1300, but rairly higher unless I am trying to win the Indy...:) and in then it defuels... I pull trailers frequently, varying weights from 4 k to 15 k, and have no concerns. The S1M seemed to work the best for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.