Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

egt gauge

658 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  HanksFord 
#1 ·
want to install a egt gauge in my 6.4 left side manafold is ware to install ? what about metal in the manafold ?

#2 ·
I just recently helped my dad do one on his 6.0 and it was easier than i thought it would be. What we did was go from under the truck it seemed to be the best access point for drilling without tearing the manifold out you will have to see if there is any decent access for the 6.4 manifold. The manifolds on it were a cast metal. We greased the drill bit up good and drilled most of the hole with the truck off and when we started getting close to penetration we started the truck regreased the drill bit and finished the whole what shavings the bit didn't pick up blew through the turbo. Then we greased the tap and started the truck and did it while running also it turned out great. As for the 6.4 with the twin turbos I am not sure if you can do it like that or if theres enough room under there to get a drill in, you will have to crawl around and see if you can find a good access point. I have also seen them done not running but it was a long process the guy would drill a little bit clean the grease off the bit regrease and go a little farther and just repeat the process until he was through this also turned out good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.