Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Alittle lost

764 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  08lariat 
#1 ·
Can i use the new H&S update with the 250 tune and the mild tune? I was using the 300 but switch back to the 250, And now i see more more black smoke then the 300. what up with that? I should have left everything alone. now I think i scerwed up..any help.. please.,,

#2 ·
From what I read you can use the 250 and 300 with the update. You might want to check your air filter as less air equals more smoke. I do know that more throttle from stand still will produce more black smoke. Is the smoke you are seeing black ? Also what are you running on the truck ? dpf delete, dpf/cat delete ?

#3 ·
You have switched to there new tune that for some reason smokes a lot even while just cruising around. A lot of people are complaing but i guess unless you saved all your files from the old tune your out of luck. H&S says they dont support the old tunes any more. Maybe you can get lucky and find someone who has the full sd card with the old tune that will let you copy it.

#5 ·
I saved the old 250 and mild tune with the 6.4.18 update. I switch back from the 300 to 250 with 6.4.18update. and now i see tons of black smoke. On take off normal driving, than on the hwy i hit the throttel, boy i had a cloud strench back for a 1/4 mile it wouldn't stop..so now I go to try the mild with the new update and see what that dose,
08 supercrewcab
black maxx
dpf/cat delect
K&N cool air intake setup

#6 ·
If you switched to the Hot Damn 300 you will need the all the files that where on the the sd card with the 6.4.18 to go back. You cant switch to the 300 and then just put the 6.4.18 update back on the sd card. You need all the files from the 6.4.18. It should be around 390 megabytes of files. If you just have the update files thats only around 30mb and wont work.

#7 ·
Well this is what i did, I erased all the 300 files the hole thing everything i had on my sd card, And went back and download the bm full sd card from H&S, After that i install the 250 with the 64.18 update. we'll see if that works. Also a friend said maybe my motor has broken in and that might be why it smokes so bad. i have just under 90 thousand miles. I looked at some video on youtube and seen some truck blow as much smoke as mine. who know just going to have to get use to it, i guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.