Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

P0401

3K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Dr.Palmar 
#1 ·
Hey fella's,
I did a quick search, most of which came back as year or more old.

Anyways, I got CEL today for first time. Its the P0401 "EGR insuff flow" and the P1000- which I believe to be a non-issue.
I cleared codes, came back few mins later, deleted again and returned on next startup 10mins later.
What is the best solution to this and what have you guys who got teh code do?
-Load a stock or near stock tune to let egr valve function,
-deal with cel and/or keep clearing codes,
-or can I without losing coolant remove and clean myself?
-?

(I have the spartan dashdaq, dpf delete and been running the 210/275 and just few days ago the 250, latest updates)

Thanks!!!!

#9 ·
REALLY, because I just called their Tech line today asking when the fix might be out and they told me " I've never heard of that with the 250 tune, that's only been a 210 tune issue". I have the exact same problem , loaded up the the new "updated tunes" , (250 tune in this case) and have driven the truck four times, and four times I've gotten the 401 code. I'll try shifting down to a tune lower than 210 and see what happens. Has anyone else actually called/ emailed them about thise issue with the 250 tune before???

#3 ·
Ahh ok, good to know!
Thank you!

#5 ·
^ Sounds good!

Any word on tire size changes in the dashdaq?
Also, without starting a new thread, on the gauges, where do I monitor the egr? Is it the Loop one?

#7 ·
^ Yup, I watch that all the time, but how do I monitor whether the egr valve is active or not is what I was after.
Thanks!

#10 ·
Ive used the 210 primarily and never had a code, I tried the 275 for a couple weeks-all good. Tried the 250 and got the code almost immediately, delete it, keeps coming back. Loaded the 210 back and havent an issue.

So clearly for me it''s the 250...

#12 ·
I have been running the 210 as my daily driver and when i switch to the 250 i threw this code to.

These new updates will they be free?

#14 ·
^ :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.