Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Is something wrong?

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  dogrider 
#1 ·
I installed a H&S mini max and 4in flo pro exhaust and S&B intake about a month ago. At frist it seemed like the throttle response was amazing. Now it acts sluggish and takes a second to spool up to take off. It may just be me but it just seems sluggish. Has anyone seen this or had this problem. Thanks Chris

#3 ·
Have you installed any of the newer updates recentl? I did and the throttle response has fallen off a bit. The balls are definately there but response is quite a bit less which I liked.

#6 ·
Try reinstaling the download again and see if that helps. Backup everything on you sd card first if you do update the software from the H&S site in case you want to go back you will have the software that came with it.

#5 ·
Ya there is less throttle response down low with the new 300 software. I went back to 6.4.21. I love the shifting on the new tune but prefer to have the quicker throttle. I wonder if any one has put the new tranny tunes on the older software like 6.4.21. If i could get the new style shifting with the older 250 Hot Damn it would be perfect in my opinion. I just dont have the you no whats to try it and see if it works.

#8 ·
1 Press “Menu” from the main start-up screen. Scroll all the way to the bottom and select “Update Firmware”. The unit will re-boot once the firmware update process is complete.

2 Now the tuning will need to be re-loaded onto the truck. Press “Menu” from the main start-up screen. Scroll up and press “Install Download”. Follow the on-screen instructions, and when prompted you will need to “Change Settings”. This will load the new tuning files onto your truck’s computer.

Congratulations, you have successfully updated your Mini Maxx Tuner. Please contact H&S Tech Support if you run into any difficulty during the update process. 888-628-1730

#11 ·
You didn't say if you have updated it before having problems... Did you take it into Ford for any reason since installing?

#12 ·
Thanks, Do you work for H&S. I would like your input on a tranny tune. I pull a 10k 5th wheel. Not sure if the progam that came with it is ok, or it would be better to tune the tranny. And if so Ill need your help on how to do it. Thanks for your help..Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.