Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

SCT Livewire update help

855 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  LLD_MAX 
#1 ·
Im having some problems tuning my friends 6.4. Long story short it was previously tuned but the trans fineally gave up after lots of abuse. So we returned the truck to stock and took it to the dealership to have the trans rebuilt.

About 3 weeks ago after getting it rebuilt we tried to tune it again. Well come to find out a chip inside of the programer came loose so we sent it back to SCT to get fixed and updated. I got the programer back today and attempted to load the 325 tune but whenver i try to flash the ECM i get a message saying that i need to update my software.

Everything is up to date, Firmware, software the whole 9 yards. I cant figure out what is wrong? Im sure the dealership flashed my ECM and TCM with the latest update so im guessing this is where my problem is??

Could they have locked the ECM to where i cant tune it, and has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance for the help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.