Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

superchips 1856

8K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Lowdown89 
#1 ·
Anyone run the superchips 1856? if so what are the power levels and est amounts? whacha think about em?

#2 ·
I ran it for about a month before I did the dpf delete. It is really fast, but you'll burn more fuel. They have a mpg setting but it'll just cause your truck to regen more. Bottom line is, it's great if ur not worried about fuel economy.

#4 ·
I'm running one on my truck. Pretty good tunes for something out of the box. Course mines a7.3, not a 6.4. Mileage wasnt great for mine, but I got around 15. All in town driving.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide App

#12 ·
How is that working with your injectors and what not? Seems to me like it wouldn't work as well as actually having it tuned for you're mods? :dunno:

#5 ·
Your in luck bc I just got my truck running right after being a faithful Superchips customer.I ran the flashpaq on my 7.3 and was impressed with it, so when I got my 6.4 a few months ago of course I got the 1856....bad choice. Tuner does not function with new ford flash. I kept getting overboost, p0234, when I layer in it for more than 6 or so seconds, and less with a trailer. Superchips only option to me was to wait for unknown date when they get their software straight and "baby my truck"..... I didn't buy a freakin super duty to baby it. I asked the female representative on the phone(we wont post her name, but I have it) since I have a product that doesn't work and they are knowingly peddling it to the masses,shouldn't they buy it back? Of course she said no. I called the guys at alligator performance(top notch staff) who I purchased it from and they gladly exchanged it for what I should have purchased for $100 or so more bucks ...the xrt pro! Its SICK how much more bang u get for the buck:woot: the 77hp tune, lvl 2 on the 1856 decent. It would spin my 37s off the line and pulled hard on the top end. But the same 80 mild tune on the xrt pro feels like twice what the 1856 does.
Learn from my mistake and spend the best 800 bucks u could to help ur rig.
feel free to pm me :thumb:

#6 ·
I had the same problem with mine they came out with a update for the tuner about a week ago to fix the overboost problem.And let me tell you the 237hp tune flat out huals *** and plenty of smoke when you wont it.I got my dpf-cat and tuner for around 650 with is alot better than the 1200 plus some of you guys pay for h&s and spartan.Save yourself 600 and go then go buy some train horns lol.

#7 ·
That's good to hear Superchips got their update. But actually with the adrenaline tune from Superchips, the 1856 and xrt pro with delete package are within fifteen bucks of each other....now I havnt lined up with a 6.4 with the 1856 tuner, but I did have one bf the HS...and I will bet that $15 on a HS tuned truck:nod:

#9 ·
I actually live on the Louisiana -Texas line, and I've got to got to DFW area the beginning on next week. Some real world usage/test/runs are always fun. U can pm me and @ the very least enjoy a cold beverage with folks that appreciate their trucks like we do:icon_ford:

#11 ·
Its a small world!

#13 ·
well, it lopes like crazy. its got good power. just no race tune for the 7.3L :tard: I have been on the phone with their tech guys about smoothing the idle out. he was working on it last I knew. I dont think they are in the seriou tuning game so it might take them awhile.

My Tony Wildman chip came back and is lopey as hell too....well, the hotter tunes are really lopey still, the lesser tunes are not as bad. driveable, but still got some lope to it. Kinda like it, just wish it shook the truck as much.

Its my truck i think, always wanting to be the red headed b*tch! LOL

#14 ·
I bet if you had it live tuned you could get that taken care of. And the only time mine lopes is when it's on the lope tune and when it does the truck literally rocks back and forth like crazy lol have you ever dynoed it? I was just curious as to what it made?

#15 ·
never dynoed it.(other than when it was stock, made 205 hp) will be first time on rollers at Smoke show this year. What boost you seeing with your tunes in the hottest setting?

yeah, mine rocks back and forth like crazy esp after youre on it hard and come to a stop.

#16 ·
I have no idea the line to my boost gauge broke and I havnt replaced it yet... I been fooling with a coolant leak, bill had the truck running for almost a week before I picked it up I get it and drive it home no problem then 2 days later I find coolant in the drive way and what seems to be a crack right at the bottom of my coolant tank :doh: so I ordered one monday night paid for express shipping but ended up getting it yesterday.

#17 ·
Ouch. That sucks. I am gonna giver bill a call amd talk to him.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.