Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

I messed up my DPF/Mini Maxx installation... Help!

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Kodiak 6.4 
#1 ·
I did the down pipe back exhaust installation today and it went on fairly easily. The problem started when I started the truck to move it off of the lift. It started right up and sounded great for the 30 seconds it took for me to move it. Then I shut if off so I could install the mini maxx. Then I went to start it again so I could move it to a location that was out of the way, and it wouldn't start. I figured the computer was in some kind of safe mode. I went to put the programmer on to erase the codes that were preventing the car from starting and when I got to the part that required me to put the ignition in the run position, the programmer said part not recognized and told me to call customer support... They were closed by this time so I will have to wait until tomorrow. Until then, does anybody here have any experience with this? Any suggestions?

#3 ·
yeah H&S has had some new software updates and your tuner might not have them loaded yet

#5 ·
Give us a call today. It sounds like you have a new calibration file from Ford. It will be as simple as an update on our website, or we will email you the file you need.

We do need to know the EXACT message you are receiving though. So, before you call, write down what appears on the screen when it errors out. This should give us the calibration information and let us know what is missing on the SD card.

#7 ·
You guys were right. I just needed to update the software.

Thanks to everyone thy responded and thanks to H&S for friendly customer support.

My DPF delete is complete with the kit I bought from performance truck and it is AWSOME! I highly recommend the mini maxx, flow pro, afe kit that performance truck sold me. Aside from my software mistake, the whole installation was easy.

#9 ·
FYI....i think ists best to set your programmer up and load a tune, prior to removing your exhaust. i would not start the truck in stock format with everything removed,,,,your r going to start throwing codes...imo

#10 ·
I figured that out the hard way. I eventually got it started before the programmer installation by reconnecting the DPF sensors and just letting them hang. I wanted the truck warmed up as per the instructions.

Definitely program your truck before removing emissions components.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.