Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

stock gauges??

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  I250 
#1 ·
hey guys just wondering.. i have a 09 6.4 and i was wondering if i should upgrades my gauges or just stick with the stock ones for now. all i have is a k&n intak:dunno:e and edge chip, but this summer i plan on putting the spartan in the truck.. so let me know what yall think

#6 ·
ive got the edge evolution... and yea i works pretty good it is my first chip so i didnt have high expectations for it but that was when i first got into diesel trucks ... but yea it works very well.. what chip were you looking for?

#8 ·
I was looking into the edge evolution because I just got a 6.4 and do not want to delete the DPF yet so I think that was a better choice for my situation since i don't need to run custom tunes and etc, are you looking to sell it? And How was your gas mileage using it? What did you normally run it on?

#12 ·
I was looking at the edge evolution and you can monitor up to 24 vital engine functions (depending on vehicle) on the in-cab display, has the same modes, up to 100 hp extra, and reviews are stating up to like a 5 mpg gain, not sure what tune they are running on but probably the fuel mode i guess. If you are running on extreme, does it smoke alot? Sorry for asking so many questions

#13 ·
No she has a haze when shes at WOT but no smoke I've just noticed that I get the best mileage in extreme. In the manual it says extreme gives you 70 HP and 150 lbs-ft. It's nothing crazy but its safe added power with the DPF still in the exhaust. I was in the same position your in now so ask all the questions you want. I tow a 30 ft gooseneck horse trailer in tow mode and tow/haul mode on with the truck and haven't had a problem in the last 20k miles.

#16 ·
I'm going to have to pass, I appreciate the offer. I have another thread going around programmers, and I think I'm going to save up to get either a spartan or mini maxx tuner and run tunes for dpf, and when i delete the dpf i don't have to worry about buying a new tuner

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.