Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Time to tune.

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  pierre3737 
#1 ·
Ok guys,

Looking for a little help here. The fuel mileage is killing me. I am looking for a full exhaust system, intake and tunner. I am not looking to drag race or doing truck pulls. What I will be looking for is increase fuel milage and to towing better. The heaviest that I pull has been about 13,000 pounds. What do you all recommend.

Thanks...

#2 ·
A very popular package now days - H@S Mini Max , DPF/Cat delete pipe , S@B CAI , $ 1200-1300 shipped to your door. Install time 4-5 hours for the do it yourselfer. Of course the sky is the limit.....

#4 ·
Yup,
If you want to keep it simple and run something like a 60hp tune then the XRT Pro and a delete pipe is the best bang for the buck. If you want to monitor everything then I would jump up to the Mini Maxx or Black Maxx. Both of these will give you gauges, shift on the fly, and a ton of safety defueling settings. If you are going to play around with the hotter tunes then I would get an aFe or S&B intake. I run a Mini Maxx on my F350 and a Black Maxx on my Dodge.:thumb:

#5 ·
If you tune your truck, and tow at all, you need to have some sort of guages. Towing with out guages is a quick way to burn a motor down. That being said H&S, Spartan, and SCT all have great tunes available for there electronic monitors. Personally Im a fan of the Spartan and KEM tunes, and the dashdaq from spartan for guages. If you buy new than running KEM tunes on the dashdaq wont be an option for you because of the new updates on spartans dashdaq.

#7 ·
+1 more for gauges... i recommend a SCT or H&S product... either the all in 1 units or the hand held tuner like the X3 from SCT or XRT pro from H&S and a set of gauges to monitor your temps....

we have package deals for everything your looking for.. if you have any questions or need further assistance please dont hesitate to send me PM

-Raul

#8 ·
Got to have the gauges, I run the spartan 275 as a daily driver but can get carried away until my exhaust temp reaches 1600F. I can go 0-100mph without exhaust going high but say I floor it at 40 mph it reaches 1600 before 100mph. So without guages I would have never known this and would have melted down some. There is a wealth of info like timing, trans coolant and much more.
Just to say that with any set up the more info the better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.