Anybody with Mini Maxx and DPF delete.... Any advice? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 04:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anybody with Mini Maxx and DPF delete.... Any advice?

Hey everyone, had my truck for about 3 weeks and have done the AFE CAI and have just ordered the Mini Maxx and DPF delete.

Is there any particular set up that the majority have found to be the best with the tuner.

Is there anything I should be aware of or to be keeping an eye on while running a tune? Engine temp, exhaust gas etc. If so, why and if I don't could this cause problems down the road?

I'm completely new to diesel and trucks, but not to ford.

I heard that KEM tunes are some of the best.... How do I get these?

I have a MAC and a PC, which would give me the least amount of hassle setting u and updating etc?

Thanks everyone in advance

Elmo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2011, 05:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I havent done any updates on my mac yet, but shouldnt be any issues. If ya get the KEM tunes, most recommend 275 as the highest tune until you do some tranny upgrades. I have set my boost to defuel at 45psi, cold coolant at 140, tranny at about 210, coolant 210, oil 220, and pyro 1 at 1450. Cold coolant is a good fool proof way to make sure the engine is warmed up before you decide to lay into it as you turn the corner from your house. I got the flo pro 5" aluminized exhaust, only issue was the clamps suck and are garbage. I highly recommend get some indusrtial band clamps from a semi/tow truck store. Plus you can take them off and reuse them as many times as needed, just in case you gotta re install the DPF junk. My truck only had 30K when I got it, so I TRY to go easy somewhat now to allow the engine to get used to the newer tunes, maybe break in a little, and just feeling it out. Another thing is traction bars, I got the pro comp ones for like $450. I have 4" blocks, and after seeing the video that shows the axle twisting up, I was like holly ****, and I need traction bars. H&S has a video or just YOU tube it. Anywayz, Im fairly new too, but did alot of hw on here prior to going foward, pretty much any question you have you can find it in a search too.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:15 PM

Congrats on the new toys!! I highly recommend using KEM tunes. Mike is wonderful to work with and really knows his stuff. I personally use the KEM 210 tune and love it, but it all depends on how much HP you want to make. You can find the tune that best suites you at Home - KEM Performance, Inc.. As far as the exhaust goes, MBRP or Flowpro should serve you well. Also, check in at www.hsperformance.com and make sure to keep your firmware up to date, and you can always download tunes for FREE there as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.