Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Got a couple codes today...

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  SpartanDieselTech 
#1 ·
Running the Spartan tuner with 250 tune. Check engine light came on so ran diagnostics with DashDaq...

p242B - Exhaust Gas Temperature sensor circuit range/performance bank 1 range 3

P1000 - OBD systems readiness test not complete

Anyone know what these are? Can I just clear them and go about my business or do I need to replace a sensor.

#2 ·
P1000 is normal.

Have you updated your DashDAQ to the V2 update? The other code has to do with an exhaust temp sensor. With the V2 update, you no longer need those sensors in the exhaust.

#3 ·
Haven't updated to the V2 yet. To be quite honest, it seems pretty complicated and I just don't have time to devote a day to updating my DashDaq and then updating my tunes. Plus, I have a Mac so I think that complicates things even more.

#5 ·
OK, I'll attempt to check it out again.

Any way to tell which one is bad by the code?

#6 ·
From the code you are displaying, it will be the last sensor in the exhaust- the one that was previously installed after the DPF in the factory exhaust.

Double-check the wiring and connector first- a bad connection or frayed wire can throw the same code.

As Jeff said, the latest tuner updates don't require the sensors and won't throw the code. However if you return back to stock, and the sensor is bad, you'll still need to replace it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.