Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

MPG with spartan driving slow??

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  blackcloud2k 
#1 ·
wondering what kinda results i could see outta my f250 6.4 cc if i drive slow and dont race or accelerate fast?? 210 250 and 275 tunes

#3 ·
thanks for the reply

so will i see the best results with the 275??
is the 275 too much for a stock truck else than straight pipe and cai?

#5 ·
If you drive your truck like a smart person, you can run the 275 tune. Our 300 tune is the best daily driver tune though....at least in my opinion. I love that tune.

#6 ·
thanks for the help

i drive slow but every now and then i like to race and i wantgood mpg so which tune would be best for me??
:icon_ford:

#8 ·
MPH and RPM's are huge with these trucks. MPG's really suffer when you are running 2100-2200 rpms running 80 down the interstate. That being said thats the only way I drive and I see 17 MPG at 80 MPH, it goes up to 20 if I drive 60-65 on the interstate. This is in the 250 tune

#9 ·
thanks yall!

so if i keep my rpm under 2000 i should be good???:icon_ford:

#10 ·
My 08 FX4 with factory 20s and spartan 250 would not do better then 15mpg at 75mph on the highway. I have heard many 20+ mpg claims with spartan tuned 6.4Ls but I have never came close to it. I did get 18.5mpg one tank and that was winter blend and 90% 60mph driving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.