Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Driving hard with spartan tuning

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Hankins213 
#1 ·
Wondering how hard you can push the spartan tuned 6.4s
i drive moderatley fast and race every now and then wondering if i will break anything with a stock tranny. ill probaly be using the 210 or 250 tune

#2 ·
I use the 310 as my 2010 daily driver (8k miles to date) and have a heavy right foot. Stock tranny, no egr delete and no studs at the current time but will be doing all three shortly, just to be on the safe side. I ran the 275 on my 08 for 30k miles, again stock tranny, studs and egr and never had a problem.

#4 ·
thanks for the help

so if i run the 250 hard ill be fine if you run the 310 without problems???

#5 ·
so if i run the 250 hard ill be fine if you run the 310 without problems???

You should be fine if you don't beat on your truck all the time. These transmissions are pretty stout, but don't get greedy with it. Anything can break....some sooner than others.

#6 ·
thanks

whats your defintion of all the time?? oncea day twice a day twice a week twice a month???

thanks

#7 ·
whats your defintion of all the time?? oncea day twice a day twice a week twice a month???

thanks
During our 3+ years of testing, what I would consider "all of the time" would be 10 or 15 times a day at WOT.

A few WOT passes or boosted launches a week is going to affect the lifespan of all components an immeasurable amount. The amount of punishment that I've put my personal trucks through, not to mention the rest of our crew, is literally hundreds if not thousands of WOT passes throughout the duration of the trucks' lifespan.

Normal driving, in even a loose sense of the word, should give you no issues.:thumb:

#9 ·
thanks for the help

so if i keep my max wot runs at 5 per day and some days i wont even do any but if i do that ill be fine??
whats the highest safe speed to cruise at??
thanks

#10 ·
The more times you wot the more likely you are to break things.Maybe not even related to the tuner. There is no magic number. There is no gurantee that the first wot that something wont break. These trucks were built more for work than racing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.