Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

banks race tunes

3K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  smotrs 
#1 ·
i just saw an add by banks advertising race tunes. anyone know anything about them

#2 ·
Banks, I believe do not have DPF off tunes. Soooo a DPF on race tune, might work for awhile till the DPF fills up and the pan is full of fuel from all the regens.

#3 ·
saw this on the back of the cover page. June 11' DP mag

#4 ·
personally im going with H&S when the time comes..im just asking if anyone knows more then this add is saying

#7 ·
Jason.....hold out for the mini maxx.......it will not disappoint....ive been running it for 2-3 weeks

#5 ·
Posted this in your other trhead with same title.

Yeah, they haven't released them yet on the Ford. There are DPF friendly tunes as well as DPF off tunes which require all the signatures and a new pipe. Tuner plugs into OBD port to upload tunes and then sits in your desk drawer or whatever the rest of the time. You can use the iQ to monitor all functionality and if you have the Six-Gun, its highly recommended that you run it on Lvl1 (stock setting) so that you aren't piggy backing tunes. Tuner allows you to turn off EGR, Regen, etc..

They are also selling 5in exhaust systems if people are interested.

#6 ·
This does and does not surprise me. With all the talk about making power clean and putting down all the other people that did dpf deletes or the scare tactics then they are following what makes the money. I figured they would sooner or later.

#8 ·
I like the idea. I don't know anything about the DPF off tunes like hp #'s and trans tuning. But I know i like the iQ for gauges. Wish it could be used universally with other tuners/programmers.

#9 ·
I remember smotrs saying "something" new was coming. Not his exact words. But he could not spill the beans, so to say. I wonder if this was it? I was thinking it was a high performance DPF/CAT, being that Banks seemed to be all for DPF on tuning. I don't know just thinking out loud.

#11 ·
Yep, that was it. You don't know how many times I've wanted to say wait a month when someone asked if Banks supported DPF Off tunes. :)

There's also something else in the works, but it's on the Jeep side of the world. All the testing and HP/TQ numbers were based on my Jeep and they are currently waiting for CARB to stamp their approval before announcing. I'm dying to share that info when I can. :)

#10 ·
it's cool to see Banks do this, but i think they had to. Spartan, H&S, and Sct were out selling them on dpf trucks. So to stay in the game something had to change for them.:beer:

#12 ·
There's also something else in the works, but it's on the Jeep side of the world. All the testing and HP/TQ numbers were based on my Jeep and they are currently waiting for CARB to stamp their approval before announcing. I'm dying to share that info when I can.
Please do, I'm a big fan of Jeeps.

Will you be testing the new DPF/CAT delete tunes on your truck?

#14 ·
Yeah, already have a second DPF/CAT that I can hollow out (Thanks Julian) for the visual side of things. Just waiting for Jeff to call me and say the paperwork is ready to sign.

#18 ·
I'm actually expecting a call any time now saying it's ready for me to come pickup.

The turbo's definitely gonna be a nice addition. :)

#21 ·
I doubt it will happen. There was another thread about Edge and Superchips stopping production of their race tuners, and it was hinted at by JBarker from Banks that Banks would probably take the same stance as Edge and Superchips.

#22 ·
Yeah, Banks won't be offering the race tunes any more, only the DPF on tunes or street legal tunes will be available due to what happened with Edge and SuperChips.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide app.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.