Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Aftermarket Air intake?

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  blackcloud2k 
#1 ·
I am trying to figure out which is the best air intake system to go with. I have already installed DPF & Cat delete pipe, running SCT Performance Tune. Banks/AFE/etc...?

#3 ·
AFE i had one on my 7.3 now my 6.4 and i like them and have no issues

#6 ·
Thanks guys. I looked at the AFE Stage 2 with a 24% Increase in airflow, while the AFE Stage 2 SI flows 41% better than stock. Both are much higher than for the S&B, flowing 23.4% better. However no one has said anything about using the Bank's intake, which flows 30% better than stock. I've noticed the pricetag for the S&B is much easier on the wallet, while the AFE stage 2 & the Bank's are essentially in the same ballpark. Just curious why AFE instead of Bank's?

#7 ·
Because by the numbers you posted AFE outflows Banks.

Although honestly intake advertising makes a big deal out of numbers that do not really have that much impact on the intakes performance.

You'll be fine with any of the three. Get with Raul and he'll set you up.

#8 ·
I would go with AFE or S&B just because thats what they do. Intakes. There filters are high quality and I have never heard of anyone blowing a motor with an AFE or S&B due to dirt in the intake. That being said Ive not heard of anyone blowing a motor with a banks either, but Im not sure who is making the filters for banks. Im sure they are not made in house. If its K&N making the filters I would stay away from banks. I love my S&B. It is much cheaper than AFE and filters very well. It is also nice and quiet in the cab (if that is something that you looking for). AFE's make a little more noise in the cab. Some people like it others dont.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.