EGR Delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGR Delete

I recently went to the local diesel performance shop in town to get some information and details on doing an EGR delete. They sell an in-house made plug/block off plate design that costs $380 which seems reasonable to me. However, the price of labor absolutely shocked me. I was quoted 10 hours at their hourly shop rate of $126/hour. The mechanic says it usually takes 6-7 hours depending on how easily the EGR cooler assembly wants to come out. My question is, does an EGR delete really take this long? $756-$1260 in labor seems like an awful lot of money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

My friends shop does these all day long.
Parts @ $350, labor to install 8-9 hours. @ $97 per hr.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The parts are not too bad but if you look around online you can get them for cheaper. If you have a free weekend I would try and tackle it yourself, it may take you the better part of the weekend but it will save you a ton of money. there is a lot of info on doing this and some kits even come with instructions.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyG89 View Post
The parts are not too bad but if you look around online you can get them for cheaper. If you have a free weekend I would try and tackle it yourself, it may take you the better part of the weekend but it will save you a ton of money. there is a lot of info on doing this and some kits even come with instructions.
Thanks for the replies. The parts price seems very reasonable to me. I wasn't even second guessing the price. It was just the amount of labor that shocked me. They had an '09 F350 in their shop with all the deletes and it was getting bigger turbos so the cab was up in the air and the owner and mechanic showed me the EGR delete (where the bolt/block off plates go) and it looks quite invasive and difficult to get to everything without the cab off.

They quoted me $3300 for parts and labor for an AFE Stage II CAI, 5" single aluminum down pipe back Flo-Pro exhaust, H&S MiniMaxx, and mounting pod. Maybe, they'll "deal" on the EGR delete kit too. Still in the process of pricing things out.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:36 AM

you should just try and do it yourself. I did mine cab on. its time consuming so plan on a long day. I got mine from dirty diesel customs. Also if your kit comes with the new intake elbow make sure to get a new gasket.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Advantage View Post
They quoted me $3300 for parts and labor for an AFE Stage II CAI, 5" single aluminum down pipe back Flo-Pro exhaust, H&S MiniMaxx, and mounting pod. Maybe, they'll "deal" on the EGR delete kit too. Still in the process of pricing things out.
Sounds like a lot without the EGR delete. I bought the a Spartan package, 4" downpipe back with a tip and S&B CAI for 18 or $1900.00 and installed it myself. Had a quote from a place in Sherwood Park for $2400.00 installed, I was just to cheap. Bought mine from DirtyDiesel in Red Deer
Old 05-04-2011, 02:05 PM

Maybe $3000 is right for a 5" system though...
Old 05-05-2011, 08:01 AM

you can buy the delete for $150....your geting riped off but if you cant install all that yourself then it is what it is.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:15 AM

All that looks pretty high your exhaust is o lt 304 shipped. I bought used cai and programmer. You might want to look in on that. Also I been researching the egr delete, if you are mechanically inclined then ya I would pay someone.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:38 AM

Are you talkin Canadian bucks for the DPF delete kit. Nope in USD that would be $3414. That's way too much. They would be charging you $500/hr for labor or ripping you off on the price for the parts. The install is 1 wrench out of 5(5 being an engine rebuild) You could probably find someone else in the area that's already done it, offer 'em a few beers, and bam, a new wheelin buddy and your truck's running awesome.
My two cents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.