Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Issues With Latest Spartan Upgrade

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  vntperformance 
#1 ·
So I'm aware of the EGR problem with the 250 tune but I'm having a slight de-fuel issue with the 250 and a major issue with the 275. Is this a tuning issue or is something screwed up with my truck? This is the first time I've ever run the 275 since it's now free but i've never had this issue with the 250 before.

From a dead stop when I get on the pedal the truck starts to take off then cuts out and picks back up about a second later.

Any ideas?:dunno:

#4 ·
So its supposed to do this? I never had this problem with the 250 before the update. What do you recommend to help this issue and racing someone else? I have to be losing some performance off the bottom end.

How are the stock tranny's holding up with the TCM and big tunes? If I run the 310 will I be replacing the transmission in the near future? I don't dog on the truck but like to be able to take someone from a stop light until 50-60mph if the need arises.

Thanks for the help.

#6 ·
my truck did this to....did the trans relearn and works great.

also i noticed ever since i did the update as soon as i put it into a gear it really hits hard and wants to go.....this normal?

one other thing im running 37s leveled and with the tq locking up earlier and making it lug more is it harder on my tranny?

thanks
Eric

#8 ·
sweet......what about the going into gear part?

#10 ·
haha hopefully one day i will. thanks for the info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.