High Performance / High Flow DPF? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 07:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question High Performance / High Flow DPF?

I have been having a hard time falling in love with my 2010 6.4 I love the truck overall, but the emissions are a bust (We all know that). This is the first diesel I have owned that is not modded. I have almost pulled the trigger a few times and deleted the DPF.....Only to chicken out because of the warranty and the emission testing issues.

It is safe to say that most of us will not keep buying pre 2007 trucks as our daily drivers....I mean they are already 5 models years old. For a toy, or second truck sure, but not for daily driving. I / we want the latest options and goodies.

So here is my question....Does anyone make or plan on making a High Performance / High Flow DPF? In the early 1980's our cars suffered from emissions for years....then the aftermarket companies started to figure things out. I would love to run clean and fast. If this has been covered before, I'm sorry, but I searched high and low and there was nothing about High Performance / High Flow DPF(s)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 07:38 AM
The Silent Service

That would be interesting to see, a high-flow DPF.

The biggest hurdle would be getting the EPA and DOT to buy off on it being emissions compliant. Big IF, kinda like getting a CARB certification.

It is a great idea though, I might even pick up a 6.4 if something like this becomes available.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:16 AM

I hear you, but I remember when we were taking the cats off of our Mustangs, now you can buy high flow cats. With emissions here to stay there will be a market for a high flow DPF. Right now my 2003 5.9 Cummins is a lot like my old 1970 Chevelle. Awesome, but dated. More people drive current vehilces with current technology. I want to run clean and fast.

I want a HIGH FLOW DPF dammit. LOL
Old 05-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Serving Our Country!

At one time I believe ATS was talking about making one. Don't know what every happened with it. Most likely it was too expensive and with everyone buying delete kits it was probably tossed aside.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacu View Post
At one time I believe ATS was talking about making one. Don't know what every happened with it. Most likely it was too expensive and with everyone buying delete kits it was probably tossed aside.
You are correct, I have the issue of Diesel Power where ATS was testing it. However, they have nothing on thier website, and when I called them they denied ever working on one. I even scanned the article and e-mailed it to them....and of course they never replied.

Regardless, I have to believe the person(s) who can make it work, will hit the lottery. A high performance / high flow DPF is the missing link to modern diesel performance. There are a lot of DPF trucks on the road and more to come.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:19 PM

It really dont matter, If you happen to find a high performance DPF to replace your stock Ford DPF, it will still void your warranty. So if you are going to void the warranty might as well go all out and get a full DPF delete and tuner.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to 1tonpower
why not mod your stock dpf filter...hammer all that **** out and its as free flowing as a straight pipe...how many cops are going to probe the hole exhaust pipe to see it your filter is empty
Old 05-02-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tonpower View Post
why not mod your stock dpf filter...hammer all that **** out and its as free flowing as a straight pipe...how many cops are going to probe the hole exhaust pipe to see it your filter is empty

Well, that has been on my mind too. I'm just looking at all options. I still have my 5.9 to play with....LOL!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:41 AM

Gutting the DPF sounds like a pretty darn good idea to me. Definintely what I would do if I live in California.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
The problem with gutting the DPF, is that if you ever need warranty work done, you dont have a good DPF to work with anymore. Because you know ford is going to pull the DPF and look at it. The price tag of a new DPF is not cheap....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.