H&S update 6.4.23 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H&S update 6.4.23

Has anyone done the 6.4.23 update yet? I have the 6.4.21 firmware still because i have been waiting to see what everyone's thoughts were. What all does the 6.4.23 update change?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Premium Member

Most of the updates address issues that are brought to the attention of H&S. Mine runs fine with a 6.4.19 firmware, so why fix it?
Old 04-28-2011, 11:27 PM

there's a thread with pages of reports. overall seems it's good. a few people aren't crazy about it, but you can't please everyone all the time. really depends on what you want out of the tune and your truck. here's the thread, 17 or so pages-

H&S 300
Old 04-29-2011, 05:34 AM

The thread was about the 6.4.22. There is a new 6.4.23 on the hs site. What is new about that tune?
Old 04-29-2011, 06:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

ive read the 17 plus pages and havent updated yet, guess ill see what the newest reviews are.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioniccruiser View Post
there's a thread with pages of reports. overall seems it's good. a few people aren't crazy about it, but you can't please everyone all the time. really depends on what you want out of the tune and your truck. here's the thread, 17 or so pages-

H&S 300
That page is about the 6.4.22 update. Not the new one. Just came out. If the shifting is better on that one I will update in a heart beat because my shifting is all missed up. When i punch it it seems to be very rough and i have put over 500 miles on it. Would you suggest re doing the tranny relearn process?
Old 04-29-2011, 07:27 AM

wow! don't know how I missed that. now I have to check what I updated to. didn't know 2 had come out since my initial purchase. when did 23 come out?
Old 04-29-2011, 07:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachHandinit View Post
That page is about the 6.4.22 update. Not the new one. Just came out. If the shifting is better on that one I will update in a heart beat because my shifting is all missed up. When i punch it it seems to be very rough and i have put over 500 miles on it. Would you suggest re doing the tranny relearn process?
I have just installed the new 6.4.23 and I am heading up to our trailer in about 5 minutes. I will post later this weekend how it is.

I loved the 6.4.22 shifting 1-2-3-4, but the NOT shifting into 5th until 52 mph was an issue. RPMs were 2100 and I imagine just guzzling fuel. Around the house 45mph is the normal speed limit. If they just fixed the 4-5 shift I would be happier than a pig in.....

I will let you know.

I would definetly do a trans relearn. I didn't do it the first time with the 22 version and then went out the next day, reinstalled and did the relearn... big difference IMO.,
Old 04-29-2011, 07:38 AM

I think the relearn is helpful, but after 500 miles, it should have learned your driving style at least. what you have is probably what you will have.
shift firmness and tc lock up seem to be very personal preferences. I like a very firm shift(not bone jarring). many people like a smoother shift than me. and so descriptions are therefore hard to judge. just keep that in mind.

edit: cougar jumped in there while I was writing. I agree with everything he said. though the shifts could be firmer for me (except the 4-5 shift, that's about right or a hair too firm, just too high in the RPM's/speed). I have 17 miles on mine, so I have to test it out more too.

Last edited by bioniccruiser; 04-29-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I've had a problem with the defueling on the hot damn setting on the 6.4.22. I set the pyro 1 defuel setting to 1600 degrees and it usuall hits 1650 then defuels. Does anyone know if the net tune (6.4.23) addresses this issue or do I need to stop being such a wimp and just set the defuel level to 1800 F?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.