Egt question/Downpipe - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 05:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to maddenjr
Egt question/Downpipe

Just curious what you guys are seeing for egt's on a spartan 250 tune. I have been running the 250 tune for over a year and if i get on the hwy and have a duramax next to me and hold the throttle for a long time she climbs to 1500 which i dont like!!!!! I still have a stock downpipe with a delete pipe and mbrp duals and wanted to know if guys running a bigger down pipe see lower egt numbers! My old 6.0 had a 4'' down pipe and it still climbed when i ran my innovative tunes and after blown head gaskets twice i sold it and i dont want to go through that again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2011, 06:15 PM

What am i the only one running a 250 spartan tune????
Old 05-13-2011, 01:25 AM

I've been running the 250 for about 1 year and rarely see anything above 1200. Doing WOT runs it will go up to around 13 or 1400 for a second or two, but nothing like you're seeing where it stays steady at 1500. I have the stock down pipe with a 4" single back. When you say"for a long time" how long are you actually referring to? Going up steep grades for a minute or two, or running on the flats for 10 seconds?
Old 05-13-2011, 06:44 AM

Good you asked, just last night I reloaded the 250 tune, when I was doing the relearn process I noticed my egt was also at 1500, but it was only there a second or 2 which will not hurt anything. I have the 4" DP a 4" DPF/CAT delete and a 5" DPF back with a Aero turbine muffler, I would not worry to much.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:48 AM

Ive got the h&s 300 tune and during a wot run I will see it as high as 1750. From what I understand those yemps arent bad as long as theyre not staying that high for long.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
What are you running for an intake? I would think that would cause higher EGT numbers than the exhaust will. If you have a stock intake, your not pulling enough air to keep it cool. If you have an aftermarket intake, how dirty is your filter. ive noticed Higher EGT's in the last week or so, so I looked at my intake, and the filter is pretty damn dirty (just cleaned it 2 months ago) but thats what dirt roads will do.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:42 PM

I am running an afe intake i clean the filter every oil change! I see 1500 if i keep my foot in it all through the gears and into high gear for a couple seconds so im always backing off cause im afraid to hurt my baby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.