Hot Damn 300 and EGT
Ok guys, please pardon the newbie questions.
Truck: 2008 6.4L Lariat automatic, 75,000 miles
Mods so far: DPF delete + H&S "mild" tune + S&B Cold Air Intake Kit
My wife wants to pull a fully loaded 6-horse trailer (14,000 lbs) over the mountains and wants me to install the H&S HD-300 tune. I'd like oblige her. I'd also like to avoid cooking the engine or tranny. So I'm sure at a minimum I need to put in a monitor to show the EGT. Of course the easiest and cheapest would be to get one that plugs into the OBDII port (EDGE-CTS, etc). However I also see lots of EGT kits (monitor + sensor) for sale on various websites.
1) Is the built-in Ford EGT accurate enough to avoid cooking the engine?
2) What EGT reading should she stay below when hauling this heavy load?
3) Why would you buy and install an EGT kit when the truck comes with an EGT?
4) Do I need to do a CAT-delete to get the performance boost from the HD-300 tune? Any problems continuing to leave the CAT in?
3) Any other mods you recommend for a heavy-towing application like this?
With thanks in advance,