Black Max Up Date Now What - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 03:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Black Max Up Date Now What

Ok, I just updated to 6.4.20 and now when I start the truck the boost is maxed out at 100 psi seems that the surge is gone at idle and 40-50 mph but now the boost? Im still glad I purchased h&s any way. Any one have any ideas? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2011, 05:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Ok, I just updated to 6.4.20 and now when I start the truck the boost is maxed out at 100 psi seems that the surge is gone at idle and 40-50 mph but now the boost? Im still glad I purchased h&s any way. Any one have any ideas? Thanks
Does the truck always say 100psi boost? or just when the gauges are initializing? During initialization it is common to see some extreme values, but they should return to normal within the first few seconds of start up.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

It stayed at 100 psi even driving down the road for 2 miles, I then pulled over shut the truck of and then restarted it, same thing again 100 psi. I then hit the throttle and it went to 0 psi then back to 100 psi. Got home from the 2 mile drive shut the truck off and then started it again, still 100 psi then hit throttle goes to 0 psi then back to 100 psi.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
It stayed at 100 psi even driving down the road for 2 miles, I then pulled over shut the truck of and then restarted it, same thing again 100 psi. I then hit the throttle and it went to 0 psi then back to 100 psi. Got home from the 2 mile drive shut the truck off and then started it again, still 100 psi then hit throttle goes to 0 psi then back to 100 psi.
Make sure the head unit is seated all the way in the cradle. Do all of your other gauges work correctly?
Old 04-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The head unit it attached good and it appears that all other gauges are working properly.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Im going to try reinstalling the new tune again on the sd card up date firm ware and install again to see if that takes care of it. I will repost again tomorrow with the out-come. Thanks!
Old 04-27-2011, 06:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Im going to try reinstalling the new tune again on the sd card up date firm ware and install again to see if that takes care of it. I will repost again tomorrow with the out-come. Thanks!
Yeah, the update really should not change anything, unless it is a connection issue somewhere. The firmware is what runs the gauges and all communication. I'll have a look into the Manifold Pressure monitoring to see if we can find a bug tomorrow. I have a Black Maxx in my 6.4 and have only seen the 100psi a few times upon start up. The 100psi value is present when the Black Maxx is getting an empty response back from the PCM for that parameter, so there is likely a communication issue somewhere.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:49 AM

My boost gauge on the H&S jumps back and forth from 0 to 100 psi when there is no load on the truck.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69cougar View Post
My boost gauge on the H&S jumps back and forth from 0 to 100 psi when there is no load on the truck.
Good to know. We will work on a solution for the next update.

Thanks
Old 04-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69cougar View Post
Update, I went through the process of doing the firm ware and soft ware update and the boost does the same thing as above. Thatís a little better than before. at least I can see what the boost is at now. Thanks H&S for all of your hard work!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.