new to site, looking for info on exhaust and edge products - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
new to site, looking for info on exhaust and edge products

Hi all, I have a 2008 f350 crew cab. I bought a K&N cai and am looking into an AFE dpf delete exhaust and an edge programmer to go along with it. I was told the edge evolution 85600 is compatible with dpf delete and the description on all of the sites I checked out says its good with modified free flowing exhaust. but the edge manual says that it is just for stock applications. Also says that you should not run a cai or modified exhaust with the 85600?? can anyone clear this up for me please. Also is there a difference from turbo back exhaust or down pipe back ? I do a little bit of towing and not needing extreme racing power, just want some power when I need it and better mileage. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2011, 10:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC 2008 6.4 View Post
Hi all, I have a 2008 f350 crew cab. I bought a K&N cai and am looking into an AFE dpf delete exhaust and an edge programmer to go along with it. I was told the edge evolution 85600 is compatible with dpf delete and the description on all of the sites I checked out says its good with modified free flowing exhaust. but the edge manual says that it is just for stock applications. Also says that you should not run a cai or modified exhaust with the 85600?? can anyone clear this up for me please. Also is there a difference from turbo back exhaust or down pipe back ? I do a little bit of towing and not needing extreme racing power, just want some power when I need it and better mileage. Thanks
Well one i would get rid of the K&N and do an afe stage 2 the K&N filters arent worth a crap. Im not up to date on that Tuner but i would recommend the H&S tuners they work with stock or modified exhaust. There is a dif between the turbo back exhaust and down pipe back the turbo back exhaust comes with a down pipe of what size you order and the down pipe back exhaust is just the exhaust that bolts to your down pipe you already have on your truck.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok thanks, Too bad on the k and n. I just bought. I assume it is still gonna be better then the stock one thats on it now. I will do some research on afe. I am in Canada, 5 min north of Oroville Wash. The local parts store is having a big sale all month so was just looking into the products that they offer. Will check into h &s also.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC 2008 6.4 View Post
Ok thanks, Too bad on the k and n. I just bought. I assume it is still gonna be better then the stock one thats on it now. I will do some research on afe. I am in Canada, 5 min north of Oroville Wash. The local parts store is having a big sale all month so was just looking into the products that they offer. Will check into h &s also.
the intake may be fine the filter isnt it lets to much dirt and crap by which is horrible for your turbo and motor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
6.4, cai, dpf delete, edge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.