2008 with 23,000, Is a chip and dpf delete really worth warranty void? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2008 with 23,000, Is a chip and dpf delete really worth warranty void?

I recently purchased a 2008 f250 6.4 and im tore between a chip and exhaust for fuel economy, but is it really worth voiding the remainder of my warranty? Ive read forumns discussing how the dpf restricts the engine and how the regen can cause major problems, so do I risk possible engine failure now or wait till the warranties gone and realize the dpf has killed my motor prematurly? Im still gunshy bout owning a powerstroke, my previoustruck was a cummins and I dont know all that much on fords. Any response would be great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2011, 08:34 PM
shhhhh, can you hear it?

i deleted mine and love it.to be truely honest its a 50/50 shot of whether itll be ok til 100k with the dpf or not.there are some guys 100k+ out there still running stock with minimal issues.but i can promise you one thing....if you do decide to delete it you will love the power and extra economy,plus killings dodges with just a tuner always puts a smile on my face....or almost any other car.do some reading and research before you buy.ive got the h&s performance black maxx and love it but there are other options and i think it really depends on what you want out of your truck on which tuner you should get.ill give ya this link to help you learn a thing or two about your options.
The Ultimate DPF delete SHOWDOWN!
that thread has a lot of info but you should also visit each website of the tuners because they update things all the time.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:57 AM

I deleted my 100k warranty about a week after I bought the truck and have never been more happy. The sole reason I bought a 6.4 was what Spartan was doing with that motor. If it was not for Spartan I would still be driving a Duramax.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
hands down it is worth it. i put the spartan on my truck about two months after i got it. what they can do with these tuners is just amazing. plus, it is very simple to return everything to stock if you need to take it in.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:42 AM

i was in the same boat as you 2 weeks ago, should i risk it or not? well i installed my delete with 5" exhaust Thursday, along with my air intake and mini max......its AWESOME. as far as warranty , you might find a dealer that dosent care, or you can just throw the old exhaust back on, only takes 2.5 hrs........i think the motor is much healthier now
Old 04-23-2011, 04:25 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I think it's worth it, but it doesnt necessarily void your warranty. It depends on your dealer if you return everything back to stock.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwngs444 View Post
I think it's worth it, but it doesnt necessarily void your warranty. It depends on your dealer if you return everything back to stock.
Just like rdwngs444 said, it depends on your dealer. I had my truck in the shop for some warranty work and was talking with the mechanic. At the time I really wanted to go with the Spartan and DPF delete. He said the dealer was real liberal about it. I ordered up the Spartan and dpf delete and have never been happier. Its like driving a totally different truck. I also put the AFE stage II intake on at the same time. This truck will beat most cars on the road. I love it!
Old 04-29-2011, 07:54 PM
Premium Member

Thanks for the advice guys, gonna order the h&s mini max and afe delete monday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.