Best Chip for 08 350 diesel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 09:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best Chip for 08 350 diesel

Hey everyone,

I've had my 350 for almost 2 years now and I've been running the superchips 1855. I get about 18L/100km in the city and 14-16L/100km on the highway empty

I've heard from many others that it's possible to get 7L/100km (I'm assuming this is highway but not sure) using an edge chip.

Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on what chip is the best for fuel economy. I am looking to get out of the superchips if I can get better economy!

Thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2011, 12:39 PM

spartan, kem, h&s and not in any order i run spartan its good tuning had it in my 08 and now in my 10, i run about 15l/100k in the city and 10-12l/100k on the highway if i keep my foot out of it hand calc comes out to be 17mpg city and 20-24mpg highway, as for the 7l/100kms maybe in a lowered reg cab long box 2wd doing 55mph with a extra overdrive and a tail wind 7l/100kms is like 32mpg
Old 04-20-2011, 04:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I highly suggest taking a look at the H&S tuners. They offer excellent power and mileage gains as well as several additional features depending on the model you choose. Here is some more info on each one. feel free to give us a holler with any questions.

H&S XRT Pro

H&S Mini Maxx

H&S Black Maxx
Old 04-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_morgan View Post
Hey everyone,

I've had my 350 for almost 2 years now and I've been running the superchips 1855. I get about 18L/100km in the city and 14-16L/100km on the highway empty

I've heard from many others that it's possible to get 7L/100km (I'm assuming this is highway but not sure) using an edge chip.

Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on what chip is the best for fuel economy. I am looking to get out of the superchips if I can get better economy!

Thanks for the help!
Ryan, take a look at our website or give us a call if you have any questions.

Our tuners come equipped with DPF-on and DPF-off tuning, along with EGR-delete tuning free of charge since our latest update, in case you decide to delete the EGR components later. Likewise, Suncoast transmission tuning will be added to our updates very soon, also free.

Typically you'll find that higher HP tuning (with pretty much any brand of tuner) will yield the best fuel economy. Lots of users have great success with our 275HP and 300HP tuning.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Also with the latest update to our tuning files, the 275 tune has been added to all level 1 licensed tuners at no additional charge.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:34 PM

The DashDAQ is the best touch screen display I have seen/used. I love Spartan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.