gauge monitoring ?'s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-19-2011, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Duffie112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 443
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Duffie112
gauge monitoring ?'s

are you guys looking a absolute back pressure or desired? absolute looks right but not sure, and what other ones? im monitoring exhaust temp, oil temp, coolant temp, fuel rail pressure, boost, tranny temp and commanded egr? any other important ones? and what should the limits be on any others? thanks guys..

Cory Duffie
2012 F-350 CC 6.7L
H&S
Incubus
AFE
Flo Pro
Duffie112 is offline  
post #2 of 6 Old 04-21-2011, 08:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
SpartanDieselTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 484
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffie112 View Post
are you guys looking a absolute back pressure or desired? absolute looks right but not sure, and what other ones? im monitoring exhaust temp, oil temp, coolant temp, fuel rail pressure, boost, tranny temp and commanded egr? any other important ones? and what should the limits be on any others? thanks guys..
Absolute EBP is the one you want to monitor.

From the list you've mentioned here, it seems that you have the bases covered

Matt Geouge
SpartanDieselTech is offline  
post #3 of 6 Old 04-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict


 
08stroker250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,819
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 5
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanDieselTech View Post
Absolute EBP is the one you want to monitor.

From the list you've mentioned here, it seems that you have the bases covered
What he said ^^^^

I believe that the exact gauge name is Exhaust Pressure (absolute). It monitors exhaust back pressure + barometric pressure. The best way to figure out what number to subtract from the reading you see for EP (absolute) is to turn the key over without cranking the truck and see what EP (absolute) says. Typically it will be between 12-15 depending on elevation. From there you just have to remember to subtract that number from the reading during a drive cycle.

Example: EP reads 14.4 with the key on, engine off. You begin a drive cycle. You see EP hit 68 during the drive cycle. Actual exhaust back pressure is 53.6 psi.

Hopefully this helps!

Jeff Dodd
spartan_jeff12@yahoo.com

2012 Ford F-250 Lariat CC/SB

Mods - Spartan tuned via laptop, 4" AFE stainless exhaust system, 2.5" PMF BMC leveling spacers, 3" PMF lift blocks, Fox Racing 2.0 shocks, Recon smoked mirror & cab lights
08stroker250 is offline  
post #4 of 6 Old 04-21-2011, 10:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
XPLOSIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 705
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
What he said ^^^^

I believe that the exact gauge name is Exhaust Pressure (absolute). It monitors exhaust back pressure + barometric pressure. The best way to figure out what number to subtract from the reading you see for EP (absolute) is to turn the key over without cranking the truck and see what EP (absolute) says. Typically it will be between 12-15 depending on elevation. From there you just have to remember to subtract that number from the reading during a drive cycle.

Example: EP reads 14.4 with the key on, engine off. You begin a drive cycle. You see EP hit 68 during the drive cycle. Actual exhaust back pressure is 53.6 psi.

Hopefully this helps!
When setting the limits on this what do you want your range to be for high and low?

08 F450 CCLB 4.30's
Spartan, Pure Performance Custom 3", Toyo M608Z, MBRP, FloPro, Banks, Volant, Mishimoto, Dieselsite, LineX, Reese 30k
XPLOSIV is offline  
post #5 of 6 Old 04-22-2011, 09:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict


 
08stroker250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,819
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 5
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
High warning - 60 + barometric pressure
High limit - 70 + barometric pressure

Basically if your barometric pressure is 13.X, set it at 73 and 83. 14.X should be 74 and 84, so on and so forth.

Jeff Dodd
spartan_jeff12@yahoo.com

2012 Ford F-250 Lariat CC/SB

Mods - Spartan tuned via laptop, 4" AFE stainless exhaust system, 2.5" PMF BMC leveling spacers, 3" PMF lift blocks, Fox Racing 2.0 shocks, Recon smoked mirror & cab lights
08stroker250 is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 04-23-2011, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Duffie112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 443
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Duffie112
ok cool thanks alot!!

Cory Duffie
2012 F-350 CC 6.7L
H&S
Incubus
AFE
Flo Pro
Duffie112 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome